Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tannoy concentric HF diaphragm replacements?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilpoints Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tannoy concentric HF diaphragm replacements?
    Posted: 08 October 2013 at 6:14pm
Has anyone got any ideas where I can get diaphragms to fit these old Tannoy 15" dual concentric speakers. They're in Cougar wedge monitors from 1985. I think they're K-range drivers.
former Eurovision contestant
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2013 at 7:17pm
Have you tried Tannoy??

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
neilpoints View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilpoints Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2013 at 7:29pm
Hadn't thought of that. Ha-ha! Have sent them a message now.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2013 at 7:31pm
Good luck!

Smile

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
AvLee View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AvLee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2013 at 9:05pm
If its the sane driver as the i15 cab I have some new ones. Google the Tannoy i15 and let me know.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilpoints Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2013 at 11:37pm
Hi Lee. Thanks but I don't think they'll fit from what I can see on the internet, at least the screw holes are in a different pattern. These ones are much older and it looks like it'll be hard or very expensive to fix. At the moment I'm experimenting with a piezo fixed to the inside of the grill, still concentric, doesn't sound tooo bad, obviously not as good as the CD....

AvLee View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AvLee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2013 at 11:43pm
Ah yes, it's very different but that diaphragm would probably be an alternative on Blu Aren if you got time to trawl through all the Diaphragms on their site.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilpoints Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2013 at 12:07am
I would trawl through them all if I thought I could find one to fit, but they mostly don't have a lot of info about dimensions on their website. Bluearan are really helpful if you can narrow it down a bit, they've helped me before by measuring all their P-audio diaphragms until they found the one I needed. I don't think they'll want to measure all 320 stock diaphragms to find one, 52mm diameter etc.
wildcatss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wildcatss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2018 at 8:36pm
Neilpoints,

I'm looking for 3859 drivers from Tannoy. They can be found in the cougars. Do you still have yours? If you can be interested to sell them, please contact me !

Robin

Post Reply Post Reply