Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X10, X12, X15 and XM15
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dual 15" Mids?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2014 at 5:59pm
I can see where the OP was coming from. I've been reading up on the faq section 'I need a system for doing small parties, should I use horn loaded or reflex'

Here:- http://speakerplans.com/index.php?id=faq9

'This brings us to front loaded vented boxes. You could use two 2 x 18” reflex boxes per side and have two 2 x 12” and 1” compression driver on a horn in reflex cabs or ideally two 2 x 15” and 2” compression drivers on a horn in reflex cabs per side with the 2 x 18” reflex bass cabs underneath....'

Slightly confused now
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2014 at 6:08pm
It's a matter of taste really.

I prefer the sound of a 12 inch on midrange topped with a 1" or 1,4" CD for reflex. But a 2x15 is going to pack more punch in the low mids and could be usefull if you need to cross to your subs below 100hz.
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
Porky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2014 at 6:26pm
There is more than one way to do something. Always a compromise and trade off to be made. 

Thanks for the conformation. :)
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2014 at 6:36pm
I've just refurbished some 2x15" +2" + 1" cabs which were installed in a local venue because they didn't want to go for entirely new mid-tops. The driver I chose was the RCF MB15H401 which seems to be one of the best options for a 15" which isn't too heavy and has a fairly decent midrange.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12