Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

srx728

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: srx728
    Posted: 18 January 2007 at 12:52pm
does anyone have the plans to this box,a guy lent me a pair a week ago loaded with fane xb's boy did they sound sweet, want to build some but the guy took them back before i got a chance to open them ,now he refuses to lend me again.
specialjustin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote specialjustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2007 at 1:00pm
I would imagine the G-sub would out perform JBL box, so i would just make them.
swinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2007 at 1:03pm
why would you say that have you ever compared them
specialjustin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote specialjustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2007 at 3:07pm
No, but when JBL thought about making the srx sub they could only use a inhouse driver. This was not the case for Rog, it could have been any driver he wanted. I also suspect that JBL needed a sub built to a price point, where as the G-sub was built around a (or 3 ) driver, and PD and RCF are not the cheapest by a long shot.

Peter Moller View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Moller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2007 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by swinger swinger wrote:

does anyone have the plans to this box,a guy lent me a pair a week ago loaded with fane xb's boy did they sound sweet, want to build some but the guy took them back before i got a chance to open them ,now he refuses to lend me again.

The 728 is the kind of cab you dont really need plans for, just get the specsheet w. external dimensions on it, plug them into bassbox pro, select the drivers you want to use, let bassbox figure out the porting, check it, and start building.. As easy as picking your nose :-)

Just dont forget to leave 5 cm between the front side of the baffle and the front edges of the cab to allow for driver excursion without the cone hitting the grille..

/peter

real phone no: +45 four zero six two four four nine eight ( using obvious anti phone spam encryption )
swinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2007 at 8:28am
so where can i get this bass box pro program do you have it can it fit in an e-mail
tb_mike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb_mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2007 at 7:43pm
You can probably download a DEMO for free.Winisd pro does much the same.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2007 at 3:44am
""""does anyone have the plans to this box,a guy lent me a pair a week ago loaded with fane xb's """""

SRX 728 is a fairly new product (few years sice starting the production) and people already are using other drivers in them.. I would realy like to know what happened to the original drivers.
According to the specifications and  the feedback from the users (my friend has 16 of them) they can eat up to 3000W with no problem. So how did someone manage to kill such drivers? And they cost around 1500EUR, which proves that good equipment should be forbiden to people that just have the money and no clue how to properly use it.

Damn... i feel angry any time i read such a thing.

Regards
Marjan
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
tb_mike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb_mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2007 at 12:39am
Quote So how did someone manage to kill such drivers?

My thinking is,that when a subwoofer is too clean(ie expensive JBL with SFG and shorting rings or labhorns)then people turn it up until they hear the re assuring distortion they are used to on their 50$ boomboxes at home,putting heaps of power into the woofer at a high risk

Post Reply Post Reply