Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yet another HD15....my first one.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielIt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yet another HD15....my first one.
    Posted: 25 October 2013 at 9:24pm
Hello dear forum friends.
This is my first build of my first HD15,loaded with an Eminence Delta15LFA that i had in another homebuilt cab that was useless.This is my first time i post pictures too so i hope it will work.
I wanted to keep everything about the cab as per original design,with only downside that i made it in 19mm MDF.I recently found an online woodshop on web here in Italy that cut and ship 18birch ply,so i already ordered the wood for my first X1 build.I hope i will get some budget to change the Eminence with an PD154 and to get a new Void for the X1 aswell. I hope some of you can comment on the pictures and let me know what i done wrong and how i can improve my work.

_

_

_

_

_

_
_

_

jbinks-v2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbinks-v2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2013 at 9:58am
Looks good mate!

I assume the first photo, showing the baffle the wrong way round (t-nuts inside) was just a loose assembly shot and you corrected it (next photo) going forwards?

Actually... I just noticed the handles?! Are they just holes or did you fit air-tight backplates after painting?! The rear chamber should be sealed!!

Are you planning to build more than one?
These things aren't really much use in singles! You would have been better off building a nice reflex/bandpass etc. if it's just for single use.

DanielIt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielIt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2013 at 11:21am
Yes the first photo was just to test the measure of the driver.The handles are out of plastic material and i bolt them and closed all the air with hot glue inside.My plan is to build 3 more and 2 X1's.I will use them outdoors for small crowds of people for private parties.
Artical Kulcha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artical Kulcha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2013 at 5:50pm
You sure the curve isnt going vibrate/resonate at high volume 

its hardboard yeah? shoudnt you have used 4mm ply its alot stiffer panel or maybe 2x4mm built up and glued ect..

nice build still tho..good works..
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2013 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Artical Kulcha Artical Kulcha wrote:

its hardboard yeah? shoudnt you have used 4mm ply its alot stiffer panel or maybe 2x4mm built up and glued ect..

I used 3 layers of 6mm ply layered up with lots of glue when I built mine, looks a good build though. Thumbs Up
DanielIt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielIt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2014 at 10:00am
In the same time i build my second X1 sub i build another HD15 too.This time i didn't made the curved flare,i opted for the 3 part one.I made only a couple of pictures and i wanted to share them.It is already loaded with PD154 and it sounds very nice.

DanielIt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielIt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2014 at 10:04am

_

_

_

_

njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2014 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by DanielIt DanielIt wrote:

It is already loaded with PD154 and it sounds very nice.

Looks very nice too!Clap How does that Technics hi-fi speaker keep up?LOL
DanielIt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielIt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2014 at 10:09pm
Well for home usage the Technics does a good job on mid-high.Can't push it more than 50W but is plenty in my room for testing purposes.
DanielIt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielIt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2014 at 7:01am
Hi again friends. Long time since i finished the first 2 HD loaded with PD154 and i must say i am well pleased with them.I am building 2 more now because i have 2 RCF drivers that i had lying here gathering dust.I just want to ask if anyone can be kind enough to sim them in hornresp to see if they are any good.I will make them anyway and not exceeding the power they can handle,but just want to see another opinion before i finish them and have a listen.The driver is RCF L15P801 and the parameters i found online are:
P 450W AES
Sensitivity 102 dB
FS 45Hz
Qms 4,5
Qes 0.25
R 8ohm

Thank you.
Measure twice...cut once.
 Post Reply Post Reply