Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chamsys MagicQ - version 1.5.4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by James Tengo James Tengo wrote:

The last version that supported the enttec open Dmx usb adaptor. It was when they brought out the £10 / £60 magic dmx dongles. The features have progressed so much I don’t think I could go back to that version!

I did wonder if it had a particular feature working... if it was midi without having to have something 'blue' attached I would have been interested LOL for now, im happy with my Chamsys dongle
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 7:49pm
ah the open dmx - wasn't that the one that relied on data packet timing from the PC rather than generating it on board? I seem to remember a lot of movers being really glitchy on those dongles...

when you can spend £60 on the chamsys one, or £100 on the very solid enttec pro, i cant we why anyone would want to use the open?
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
J.S. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 8:38pm
csg, I've used the poor old enttec open dmx dongle mainly for cost reasons...

hpkiviaho, I tried and failed several times, google keeps refusing to accept *.exe or zipped exe in attachments.

Lets try this way:
https://files.fm/u/qr8266bv

Anyone else needs it? :)

Cheers,
John.
James Tengo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2017 at 2:43am
The reason they stopped supporting it was they brought out their own £10 dongle, albeit time limited to 5 hrs, but for the sake of a tenner and a re-plug (not even a re-boot!) every 4h 50mins I’d rather have the current version of the software!
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2017 at 1:22pm
The reason you can't email it is probably because of size limits for attachments.
I've got it in my Drive folders somewhere if still stuck
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
J.S. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2017 at 7:58am
norty303, the error said: "This message was blocked because its content presents a potential 552-5.7.0 security issue." So it's the servers *.exe policy, not the size of the attachment. ;-)
Saiyan_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saiyan_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2022 at 3:34am
Would you send it to me, please?

Thanks!
mrtonton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrtonton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2022 at 8:56am
Send it to me too. Thanks!!!

Edited by mrtonton - 02 August 2022 at 8:57am
Dskaatje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dskaatje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2023 at 2:02pm
Hi, I' am also trying to find this older version of magicq pc. 
it would be great if you could help!

thanks in advance, my email--> koen.deschamps@telenet.be
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12