Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hd 15 speakon plates?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guyrave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hd 15 speakon plates?
    Posted: 02 November 2004 at 7:09pm
im building some hd15s at the moment and want to no the best place to fit the speakon plate, any one thats built these before and can advise me that would be great

rave on!
loophole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loophole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2004 at 7:37pm
on the back wall of the box, about 1/3 of the way up, is where i've found to work best. make sure the cable in the box is secured or it'll make a noise cos the driver fires right at it
guyrave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guyrave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2004 at 10:01pm
cheers! i'm just anqious that the cone fires right at that side of the cab. i'm usin speakon plates as well as a pose to individual sockets so i'm worried that cuttin the plates in might effect the sound? not cut any holes yet so i'm still waiting. my idea was to put the plates behind the brace and staple the wires back 2 the cone?
twinypaul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twinypaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2004 at 6:53pm

hi i  have just built 4 hd15s and i fitted speakon dish behind the brace and used p clips down the corner but its very tight as theres not much room behind  the brace ps havent fitted handles yet thinking of building wheel board

paul
 Post Reply Post Reply