Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PASC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 6:27pm

Hey Minaximal

You will find all Bill Fitzmaurice projects except Tuba 30(not published yet) in AudioXpress,  a magazine published by Audio Amateur Publishing Co.

Also at himself's site but you have to pay 10 bucks for each there for download.

I've also to take a look at his article in which he explains his ideas in respect of "fsh" to do my homework in the 1850 cabs I've build. Looking  at Rogborg's simulations of a 1850 4 stack I saw 40 Hz peak and 60 a bit down - the curve seems what I was hearing  with two cabs.

Regards,

Paulo Duto

PASC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PASC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 6:56pm

Hey Roborg

I've seen only today your answer/question.

I'm based in South Brazil, 1500km from Sao Paulo.

You know the Sub800. I've not got the one with short rings which certainly would be better then that Cícero-Oversound remitted to me.

I like their 12" woofer 12/250, now substituted by the 12/300, which I used in a full exponential 100hz horn, made with 18mm plywood slots, as teached by Mr.Bruce Edgar in his 300hz mid horn, two per side, crossed over at 150 thru 600, playing 360Wrms - at that horns I've used what I named as easy cooling system making 50mm holes in back removable panel, putting wood rings that fit between the back vent of 12" driver and back panel, with strips of mass that not dry for perfectly sealing the back chamber of the horn.

I will also try another speaker in the 1850 cab. It is the SDS18 made by Eros, also of Sao Paulo. It uses short rings and a good cone also used by European prime pro manufacturer. I already hear what comes out from a BR box of 240l. Will also put it into the X1 .

Regards,

Paulo Duto.

james folkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james folkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2005 at 12:20pm
minaximal, have you seen the modular 18" horn designed by walt? it's on
speakerstore as piccys, a pm might yield plans. those are monsters...

james.
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 1:00am

Originally posted by james, ind.st james, ind.st wrote:

minaximal, have you seen the modular 18" horn designed by walt? it's on
speakerstore as piccys, a pm might yield plans. those are monsters...

james.

give me 2 months and ill have some pics of these as wer starting work on a pair [if goes well 4] of these module monster horns! will let you know! as for using the pd1850 im thinking along those lines [or void] but get em built and then ill argue with myselfe over that!

@james you seem to realy like the idea of these being built! fair play your wish is my command [but itl take time!]

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12