Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tms2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amplighting&sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tms2
    Posted: 19 December 2013 at 7:44am
Hello people i need 5 x cd 101 for a tms2 does any 1 know best place to go or can u recomend some thing that would work just as well
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2013 at 10:01am
You could try Pete at Crystal Pro Audio The cabs are a bit ancient so you won't find the original model being produced today. It might be a Beyma driver. John at LMC might also know.
Dave FFA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave FFA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2013 at 3:13pm
the cd101 was a beyma oem most original units suffer corrosion and need to carefully restored... I would suggest replacing these with a fane cd140 which would be good upgrade and fairly cost effective + spare diaphragms would be easy to get.
Amplighting&sound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amplighting&sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2013 at 5:20pm
Its only the difram i need really people any number would be wicked cash waiting
Amplighting&sound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amplighting&sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2013 at 7:21pm
Good i love speaker plan and the people and info on it Tony a.s.s u legend thank u and jhon at lms also legend for having the parts i needed in stock all sorted and picking up sunday
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2013 at 11:52am
I have a pile!
Actually I only have 1 pcs 101, the rest is ls-102, the newer model
Some of mine are 8 ohms though.
I can check up on this when I get back to Copenhagen in a few days
The drivers are beyma cp-350 16 ohms, but with the "TS" kits that has different connectors, I think the surround might be a bit differetnt too.
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2013 at 12:54pm
Dave ffa's sage advice is worth listening too, however if you chose to replace the diaphragms then as has been said here before you need to make sure the coil gap is meticulously cleaned, slice up a credit card and use folded masking tape glue side out to run round inside the gap, if not the diaphragm coil will rub, overheat and disintegrate. You have been warned...  Clown

Edited by 4D - 24 December 2013 at 12:54pm
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
 Post Reply Post Reply