Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scoops vs. Horns

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2011 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by RealitySound RealitySound wrote:

I've never used my servos inside anywhere. What do lab subs sound like inside? Is it dead in some spots? (near/far) Or does it depend on the room etc?

I´d say it all depends on how you setup , most horns play louder m´rs away from the front of the cab some time back we did a gig with 1850 horns beers were falling off the bar-shelves like 15/20m away with abit of control we get the bass back to the middle of the hall , with martin wsx it´s good to bring people in the dance ,cause it sends most of the bass to the parking place . did an out door dudstep gig with 4wsx per side sounded wicked from 5m-3/400m almost like you was next to the cabs , would really like hear the wsx with V18 or 1851 i it , I think drivers are also improving so BR, scoop or horns now depends on the design 
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
RealitySound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealitySound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2011 at 10:46pm
I've played in smaller halls with a bunch of reflex cabs where the bass was everywhere but on the dancefloor, but when the dance rams out the acoustics changed and the bass became heavy, but that a science I have yet to master. I would try and tell the promoter that but they would always panic.
 I'll never forget one dance when I was younger ( 15 years ago) I set up for a clash (for the sound company I use to work for) It was outdoors in this park and the stack faced out to sea. 8 eaw double 18s reflex- spanking! You stand in front of the stack and there was NO bass. We checked to make sure everything was in phase and it was. It was weird as sh1t, we use that stuff all the time and it never sounded like that before (weak)
When you gonna send me some $$ mate ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123