Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Value for money' light show

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2014 at 11:33pm
The issue is with getting the things apart. Most scanners you undo about 6 bolts and lift off a cover plate and you're in. Those things you have to take off both ends before you can separate the two halves, something like 16 bolts, the mirror assembly doesn't readily disconnect so is flailing around loose while you do this, and then you've still got a metal cover plate to remove before your into the optical path. It's not difficult, it's just annoying.

A case of aesthetics over function I think.
Keep pushing on, things are gonna get better.
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2014 at 12:21am
Originally posted by imageoven imageoven wrote:

It's not difficult, it's just annoying.

now that i'll agree with, just on that kind of budget it never bothered me, a lot of light for ~£50! I love sitting down and tinkering with tech! To others, especially if on a time limit/busy, i can see that being a massive pain in the arse
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
andycw View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andycw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2014 at 12:35pm
I've got a couple of laser's headed my way from GAZ on here. Just need a couple of scanners and I think that will do for now.

Just need a fogger/smoke, and a decent T-bar/truss

No Bass No Fun
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2014 at 1:31pm
Aim for a goal post type truss... the t-bar looks amature. I should know i own a t-bar!

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2014 at 5:14pm
Depends what sort of t-bar you get.
I use couplers and ally scaff bar these days, and it means placement can be more specific, without having a big piece of truss across the middle of a stage, obscuring decor/projection screens.
IMO you need to be a bit flexible with rigging, be able to use t-bars OR truss lengths depending on the demands of the situation.
I have some 30cm bars with a coupler on the end which can be easily whacked onto an upright truss/scaff and provide a handy rigging point in novel places.
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123