Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Webcam/sports cam advice needed.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Preacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Webcam/sports cam advice needed.
    Posted: 30 January 2014 at 7:23pm
Hi peeps,

working on something for a dance company I do some work with, a show that has a fair amount of projection elements in it. So far we have been in venues that mean our AV operator was able to see the stage from the side of stage no problem. But we now have a series of venues coming up on tour that this will not be an option at.

Basically he needs to be able to see what is being projected, so as not to have the wrong av playing, and set is in the right place etc. The stage depth would need to be seen in picture is about 6 to 10 meters, and width in picture 3 to 7 meters (at furthest distance away).

So would I be right in thinking I need to get a wide angle lens option?

Is it advisable to get a night vision cam? Some I have seen for sale seem to just have white LEDs that come on in low light, this would not be good as we have some black-outs so I assume this might be an issue. I take it Inferred is the option I am after here?

Can you use one of those sports cams as a webcam style operation, eg showing live feed to a laptop via a USB?

The system needs to be as cheap as possible, as budget as ever is small.

Does anyone have any experience in a situation like this, or just opinions on what to use?

Cheers

Stone Lion Sound System, The Garden City Rockers. It's all about the music & the vibe.
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2014 at 7:30pm
are you trying to film the dancers changing rooms again?

lol
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
Preacher View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Preacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2014 at 7:38pm
Ha Ha Ha Ha! Not this time lolz.

Stone Lion Sound System, The Garden City Rockers. It's all about the music & the vibe.
 Post Reply Post Reply