Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More boring boxes (V4M+ Q18fp)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2014 at 3:28am
Will post some pics of the venue with yet another test setup asap, just acquired some double 15s which really help to enhance the predominant "kick" region of modern EDM music lol..
4x V4m, 8x Q18fpm, 4x 215bph in a smallish 500cap. venue - could sound awesome aswell as sucking loud, all down to dsp and genre :)

BMS coaxials are almost indestructable and able to sound very nice with eq, quad 12" mids are as present as they could be, pretty much in your face but in a good way, the kicks punch you in the
chest and belly, throat is vibrating time to time, your knees go wobbly if theres true sub content...

I LIKE HEADROOM :)

RIP Mr. Wilkes
Danny A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2014 at 11:10am
Originally posted by KidCreole KidCreole wrote:

I heard a system Saturday in a club in ColchesterDead CVA I don't know how these people are getting these instals but hats off to them

which club was that?
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 6:26pm
Sad news - that very last project of Tony is up for sale now due to venue shutting down.. Unhappy

4x V4M Tops loaded with BMS 4590Ps on Paudio PH-942 horns and 12N620s
8x Q18FP loaded with 18s450s

powered by 2x SAE PCM18s, 1 PQM13, 1 PQM8 and 2x DBmark DP36 mk4

That System has delivered effortlessly and flawlessly since the install 3 years ago!
Its ideal for mixed Venues of about 300-500cap. imo (depending on intended SPL), stereo for live gigs works well with loads of Headroom, quad setup for EDM/Disco same way..
Get in touch for further info if you might be interested in that piece of SP History and feel like you could do them justice/appreciate Tonys legacy..

Mods, if you consider this post inappropriate just delete it.. just thought i might let "you" guys on here know first..

RIP Tony

Edited by bass*en*mass - 18 May 2017 at 3:48pm
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 9:22pm
gutting to hear the club closing down. The feed back on this system was always positive.

Its possible should the new owner wish for more, to build more... there is a few clubs in Ireland too using the q18fp and the q218fp's..
https://www.elements-audio.com
Shortrope View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shortrope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 7:40am
Ooooh....if I had the money...?!

My Tinnitus is coming along nicely!!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2017 at 9:24pm
whole System now for sale on the usual FB groups.. Sorry Mods! again, delete if inappropriate..

..would just really like to see the rig going into good hands, ideally in this community, rather than beeing split into pieces.. Its truly served its purpose for us flawlessly for more than 3 years and every time i entered the room it reminded me on a very nice chap i have gladly met in person before he has gone far too early - RIP Tony Wilkes!

i somehow never managed to take some Pics for you lot of the finished cabs, 3 years passed quite quick.. :(

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2017 at 9:29pm
.. sorry for the silver bolts btw., they`ve been a provisional solution that time and unfortunately never been finalized, up to date.. Embarrassed ..shame on me..
Keen View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2017 at 7:34am
bass*en*mass, is that the PH-642?

If so, would you mind me asking how it sounds?

Cheers

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2017 at 12:19pm
its the PH-942, crossed at around 800hz electrically, it measured ok and does sound ok too imo.
4590 requires a lot of EQ though to prevent "screaming" at high levels, at least in such a small`ish venue with short listening distances and not ideal acoustics..
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2017 at 9:37pm
good news btw.  - Tonys very last work/our project will, most likely, stay with "us" for the next couple of years :) its allready been moved/installed in a local venue awaiting final setup and real world tests.. again totally oversized PA concept, covering a 100sqm floor with that lot .. :)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345