Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

70's Showco/Clair Festival PA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2014 at 4:07pm
Jimmer:

Yes, that's EML's flown version of the festival stack. I believe it worked well, although obviously nowhere near as flexible as the stacked version. Much quicker and cheaper to set up though, even allowing for the flying system being a bit of a pig (but nothing like as bad as Meyer's...).

Still looking for my pictures, unfortunately some of the best ones are 2-1/2" trannies which don't fit in my scanner.
The trouble with rig pictures is that black boxes don't photograph well, and on show day everything is hidden behind scrims anyway.

----------------------------

In the 1980's a lot of rigs in the UK were sold to companies in Africa when they were superseded by new designs, but there must still be a few systems stashed away in warehouses, like the IM TMS3's.

There used to be a big RS1200 system in storage in Switzerland. Given that those boxes weigh almost as much as S4's and nobody liked having to move them, they're probably still there.

Last year there was a thread on here about an Electrosound system that turned up somewhere in the Netherlands.

I hope some of the Floodlight rigs will reappear one day when the line array bubble finally bursts. That was, and still is, an excellent system.

Edited by madboffin - 10 March 2014 at 4:09pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234