Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

xtro capabilities

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nativelayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2013 at 1:05pm
Would a 2" Compression Driver work well in beefing up the top end, or does the increased size affect the double 15" horn too much?
There is no authority but yourself.
AM55 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AM55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2013 at 1:16pm
The reason you use a 2" HF driver is if you need a lower crossover point, the 8" stretches up high enough that you don't need a 2" you can use a 1" that will be cheaper, smaller and have better VHF response.
mpvw72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpvw72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2016 at 1:52am
i have been using xtros for a while now and i find that they cover the distance and fit in the space i need to fit the best of the mids ive used, but with most boxes its all about the settins used to get out the best of the box and you can go online and find some recomendations for most if not all the big name boxes but not the xtro. 
Do you have a recommended setting crossover, EQ, anything along those lines.
I like the 2 8"s first time im seeing it but ill give it a try

tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2016 at 5:46pm
I think I'd prefer my xtros with xt8s over a h3 top
That's actually what I'm using over discosucks cyclops now :-)

I think the kick is superior in that staight horn, no honkiness, the xt8 with the b&c sure is insane too:-)
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
krestudon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krestudon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2016 at 9:11pm
Never heard the H3's, as they're not so popular here in spain, but built Xtros using Beyma 15p80nd, which can hold a bit more power than the recommended B&C's, and the kick is awesome.

Maybe the upper part is running out of steam before the lows in my build...

tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2016 at 2:50pm
I think the recommended driver is 18sound and I'm not sure it's a cheaper solution
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
mpvw72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpvw72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2018 at 3:11pm
at present I'm using 6 XTs for the 15" I have the DAS B-30. The 8" Celestion TF0818MR. Hi end Peavey RX22 and it took me a while to get the settings right so I'll put my settings which may not be what anyone else wants but it's a start. My bass is really big and loud and my mid got lost but after many tries I'm almost there. The Hart of the top is the 8 get that right and you can't go wrong my setting from a DBX management 
Hi 1.7KH slope BW24 to open
8s 972HZ slope LR12 to 2.0KHz slope LR24
15s 129HZ slope BW18 to 749Hz slope BW12
Now it comes down to the amount of power assigned to each via the power amp
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234