Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Push pull scoop?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Push pull scoop?
    Posted: 09 February 2007 at 3:57pm
I've just thought of the craziest idea.

I wonder what one driver, cone facing inwards[magnet facing to the air] and 1 driver facing forwards[ cone to the air], would be like in a double 15 inch scoop?

So essentially its a push-pull scoop.

Would this give good effects? Or just sound plain weird?

jethrocker View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jethrocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 7:52pm
Surely if you're talking about both drivers mounted on the front baffle of a standard scoop it would just be like a normal double 15" but with possible issues due to the different relative cone positions. I thought a push pull design needed the cones pushing/pulling at either end of some kind of ported chamber. Could be wrong though as I never really read up on the theory.
Static Age View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2007 at 7:19am

Tom i think to correct the phase the reverse mounted driver would need to be wire the opposite way to the other one, but then the preformance would be no different from a normal double scoop.

like Jeth says it requires a different arrangement for push pull.

thinking, to create some kind of push/pull scoop would the second driver need to be mounted at the other end of the horn? ie at the scoop part.

Post Reply Post Reply