Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Xtro - Is it suitable? - What is the going rate
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xtro - Is it suitable? - What is the going rate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lliw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xtro - Is it suitable? - What is the going rate
    Posted: 09 April 2014 at 5:17am
Hi,

I have searched the forum and havent found anything conclusive, so i've decided to ask...

I current run 4 WSX folder horns, 2 USB kick bins and 4 to 5 Community RS220s. We play alot of Drum and bass, Jungle, Ragga DnB, Tech DnB, Neurofunk however at times we have to play other genres for different events. 

I am thinking of changing the RS220s for XTROs however i was wondering how suitable they would be for my current set up, and the types of music we play. I really like the 'high' in the RS220s however i want a more 'all rounder' that i can use straight on top of the WSX if need be.

Would the XTRO be a suitable replacement?

What is the going price for them? fully loaded, second hand?

Any advice or information would be of great help.

Many thanks

space-face View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote space-face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2014 at 7:40am
XTRO are designed for use over punishers which will play about as high as your WSX so they'd definitely work well on top of them without the USBs. The USBs bandwidth will overlap with the WSX and the XTRO kick section so much I'd wonder if they were any use at all in that setup.

If you decide to sell the RS220s let me know, I'm after a pair!
AM55 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AM55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2014 at 8:58am
The thing is they are expensive, with the price of used kit for the amount you would spend on building two Xtros you could buy two H3s or KF850s and have branded mid tops which is a better way to go.
lliw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lliw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2014 at 8:18pm
Thanks for the replies! I have found a pair for £1500, includes a 19in patch panel and 2 10m 8 core cables. Castors, 13mm ply etc.

Is this a decent price? I have seen pairs for around 1200 after searching through some previous sales.

I have considered h3s in the past, also had a look at floodlights and thl4s but the xtros have stood out so far.

Thanks again
AM55 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AM55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2014 at 11:57pm
Obviously Floods won't reach down far enough if you want to use the WSX on their own. £1500 sounds top of the line, not a bad deal with the patch and cable but I would want them cheaper. £1500 will get you a pair of H3s. Branded tops are the way to go on this, H3s are the obvious option if you have WSX (copies I assume?).

Edited by AM55 - 09 April 2014 at 11:58pm
lliw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lliw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2014 at 2:13pm
Thanks,

I have considered, and been to look at H3s but the guy wouldnt let us test them.. So i decided to leave it and since then ive not seen any come up for sale. Yeah, the main reason i decided against floods was that reason. 

Thanks for the advice, i will have a look to see if i can find any H3s.
 Post Reply Post Reply