Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

winisd

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warrenstephenson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: winisd
    Posted: 09 May 2014 at 10:16pm
Can anyone send me or tell me were i can locate a version of winisd that i can use the box shape part in as the version on the web site does not allow this function to work

thanks warren
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2014 at 11:09pm
I don't think any version ever had it working - I used 0.5 for a long time and it wasn't enabled in that, and 0.7 doesn't even make mention of it anywhere I can see.
To be honest, it's not that hard to work out box dimensions once you've got your design, so I can see why they dropped it.
HTH,
David.
lgosdset View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgosdset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2014 at 11:41pm
? you just put in the two dimensions you want, select your sheet thickness then double click the empty box and it gives you your third dimension.

all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 1:29am
Bassbox Pro will do dimensions. If I remember correctly it can even do some none square box calculations.

But as others have said before... It's not that hard with a little drawing and a calculator.
bitSmasher View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 1:30am
It's easy enough to work backwards if you know your target volume. Keep in mind any box calculator needs to factor in driver volume, bracing, handles etc
You're better off learning to do all that manually
Divide litres by internal dimensions in metres as a guide
Ie, I'm working on a 100l box before I subtract 10l for all the above to tune it as 90l
Baffle is 45cm by 65cm internally
100L divided by 0.45, then by 0.65, gives me my depth of 34.1cm

All rough calcs for my purpose, but I'm still learning too
 Post Reply Post Reply