Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbosound Festival Bins?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the met Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turbosound Festival Bins?
    Posted: 22 May 2014 at 10:36pm
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Turbosound-PA-Festival-Series-C1978-classic-drivers-/161312872667?pt=UK_ConElec_SpeakersPASystems_RL&hash=item258eff18db

Is it me or do these bins not look like the original festival bin?. I'm sure the pictures i've seen of the bins makers them taller and narrower than they look in this picture and I don't recall there being port holes on the curve?

Thoughts?
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 11:58pm
Agree with you there, I can't remember them being ported either!
Also, with that list of mismatch drivers, why not make two of the cabs loaded totally with the K151's? And then mix the other two... or is that just my OCD making an appearance?
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2014 at 12:00am
Ports look too small
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2014 at 12:59am
Those ports could have been put in at a later stage, probably with a Tank Cutter. Must have taken ages to calculate. But what about the bar Handles, did they ever use any?
Twiggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twiggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2014 at 1:28am
My tb3020s have bar handles so I would say they did.
These cabs don't look anything like it though. Though mid phase plugs look right, but were never in separate cabs?
One of them got txd plaque on back as well.

Edited by Twiggy - 23 May 2014 at 1:33am
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2014 at 7:02am
The bins do look similar to the "ABBA" Turbosound rig discussed here some 6 months ago.

madboffin View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2014 at 3:24pm
Those cabinets have obviously had an interesting life...

The bins definitely look like TFA's.
The mids have been rebuilt from either Festival dual mids or TFA Electrosound Turbo tops.
The HF are also rebuilds, missing tweeters, and might not be Turbo or TFA originals anyway (and the drivers are obviously much newer).

The TXD 530 cabinet is a good ten years younger than the rest of that stuff.

All very interesting, but vastly overpriced.

Edited by madboffin - 23 May 2014 at 3:47pm
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2014 at 7:14pm
Yes,that's what i was thinking,seems a lot of money for a mish-mash of old cabinets and drivers.
Be seeing you.
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2018 at 12:55pm
Any info on the festivals as I thought they're what I have...
From what I understand here they're usually not ported or having bar handles, neither have mine, they're like F218s.
Curved or sectional horn?
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
 Post Reply Post Reply