Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Dubcentral In Combination With I-SUS Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dubcentral In Combination With I-SUS Sound System

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DubcentralGee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dubcentral In Combination With I-SUS Sound System
    Posted: 09 June 2014 at 10:21pm

SATURDAY 21st JUNE

Dubcentral In Combination With I-SUS Sound System at The Night Kitchen- Basement, Sheffield

Entry £4
7 Smithfield, Sheffield S3 7AR

*** SHARROW FESTIVAL AFTER PARTY ***

We are happy to announce that this event is one of the Sharrow Festival After parties along with another event at The Cremorne on London Road. We will be making a contribution toward next year's Sharrow Festival - so let's make it a good one !

TICKETS ON SALE TO GUARANTEE ENTRY

https://tickets.partyforthepeople.org.uk/events/419-dubcentral-in-combination-with-i-sus-sound-system

** Pre-sale tickets contribute to charities supported by Party For The People **

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dubcentral & I-SUS Sound System humbly invite you to a night of Dub, Roots & Culture on Sat 21st June

This special occasion is hosted by two longstanding roots & culture collectives based in Sheffield with over 40 years experience between them

Expect a night of music that is conscious, uplifting and made for heavyweight sound system

Featuring:

YAMMI : I-SUS SOUND SYSTEM / DUBCENTRAL

Itiopians was Yammi's first sound in the early 1970's playing alongside sounds like Mafia, Quaker City and Lord David. He went on to create I-SUS Sound System in the 1980's - from the onset I-SUS was known as a truly heavy sound

For a period of 10 years I-SUS and another local sound Black Joy joined forces to become the mighty Trojan High Power . It finally disbanded after when some of the members wanted to change from playing roots & culture, and play bashment and dancehall. Feeling as though the music was not giving out the right message, Yammi and Idren Godson went their own way and built with a new name I-SUS 2K with the principles that mattered to them; dealing strictly with Roots, Culture and Dub.

Move forward to 2014 and Yammi has reclaimed the name I-SUS Sound System and is still going strong.

FATTA : DUBCENTRAL

Fatta (aka: Universal Hi Fi) is a core member and corner stone of Dubcentral. Running with Dubcentral for over 10 years, Fatta has played alongside some of the UK’s top sound systems and UK reggae artists and consistently delivers a top draw selection of killer roots, dub & steppas. Universal Hi-Fi has been Dubcentral’s sound system for the last 10 years with Fatta stationed firmly at the controls. Many of the acts we’ve booked have played on Universal Hi FI including Vibronics, Idren Natural , Young Warrior , Nucleus Roots, Disciples, Dub Dadda and more.

WILL TEE : DESCENDANT MUSIC / DUBCENTRAL

Will Tee is a roots reggae producer based in Sheffield. He has worked with artists such as Judah Eskender Tafari, Christine Miller, Cornell Campbell, Reality Souljahs and many more and has a series of strong releases on his label Descendant Music as well as other labels, including the US imprint Black Redemption

Will Tee is moving from strength to strength; recently playing alongside Mikey Dread & Ras Kayleb on the Channel One Sound System at Yellow Arch Studios, Sheffield and currently working on projects with Jamaican singer / producer Micah Shemiah

http://www.descendantmusic.co.uk/

SWAMI : DUBCENTRAL

Swami has been part of Dubcentral for over a decade, co-promoting and co-stage managing Dubcentral events with an array of artists including: Iration Steppas Sound System , Young Warrior , Vibronics , Operation Sound System , Inspirational Sound , Channel One Sound System , Idren Natural , Dubateers , The Disciples , Jah Shaka … and many, many more

He has also contributed to some amazing events with artists including Desmond Dekker , Toots and the Maytals , The Wailers , The Skatalites , Zion Train , Macka B , Dubdadda , Nucleus Roots , Dreadzone , Cornell Campbell , Soothsayers , Michael Prophet , Cat Empire ....

http://www.dubcentral.org.uk/
Dubcentral celebrating Roots, Reality and Culture
 Post Reply Post Reply