Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

4 Channel Amp for Mid Duty

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomelmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4 Channel Amp for Mid Duty
    Posted: 10 July 2014 at 7:32pm
Hello,

It's time for us to upgrade our mid amp. We are currently using a Behringer Ep2500 to power our two Fane 12mb MT12's, We will be building another two MT12's soon so we're looking to upgrade the amp first. 

I'm looking for a 4 channel amp as this will give us more flexibility when taking out the smaller system.
What are peoples thoughts on the Matrix xt6004 and the SAE PQM8, both are around the same price. We use Matrix for both kick and sub so it would be nice to keep with the Matrix theme but if SAE or another other suggested amps are better then the move will be made. 

Hopefully you guys can help us decide Smile

Thanks

Tom 
dlyxover View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlyxover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2014 at 8:20pm
I run a SAE PQM13 on mids and bass and I think it preforms very well.

I've run it bridged in anger into subs again preformed very well too, no noticeable increase in heat an brutal sound too :)
In the Truth there is no news, and in the News there is no truth
boulderdave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boulderdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2014 at 6:13pm
Tom did you want to borrow any of the matrix amps off the Hi::def to try it out? Bit to busy with work to have any time to make sound system plans at the minute. Currently got XT800, ukp2100, XT4004eq, XT3000, XT5000 and XT7000 in stock. We normally use the ukp2100 or XT4004 for our Fane 12mb loaded boxes. PM or facebook me if interested.
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2014 at 4:40pm
The XT6004 sounds very very good. If I had a rack full of other Matrix amps, I'd get that. There's something about a matching rack that tends to make everything sound better :D
Nick Sasquash View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Sasquash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2014 at 6:06pm
Yes all the Martix XT range sound superb on mid top... Thumbs Up
https://operationsoundsystemrecords.bandcamp.com/

https://www.facebook.com/OperationSoundSystem/

lukelucas93 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukelucas93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2014 at 6:50pm
if you are looking for a more budget option have a look at the Thomann T.Amp TSA amplifiers I have been using 2 T.Amp TSA's 4-700's and they have been brilliant ! If you need something bigger have a little look at their T.Amp TSA 4-1300's : http://www.thomann.de/gb/the_tamp_tsa_4_1300.htm
Noodles, Cabs and Booze - Student life
Night Hawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Night Hawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2015 at 12:22am
So this is an old thread, but was the only one that picked up the t.amp TSA 4-1300 and was wandering if anyone else has had experience with it. Seems like a pretty decent deal for the specs. I would be running it light as it'd mainly be used on tops and mid tops. 

http://www.thomann.de/gb/the_tamp_tsa_4_1300.htm

Lemme know your thoughts :)
bitSmasher View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2015 at 1:22am
Originally posted by SamV SamV wrote:

There's something about a matching rack that tends to make everything sound better :D
Mutual coupling Wink
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2015 at 1:30am
psychosomatic
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
Chewit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2021 at 10:24pm
TSA-700 for kick?
 Post Reply Post Reply