Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*~* FP Sound System *~*

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitchez23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *~* FP Sound System *~*
    Posted: 22 July 2014 at 11:24pm
DIY rig based out of Oakland,CA. All enclosures built from from Speakerplan forum plans!

8x Cubo subs

4x Modified HD15s

4x EV TX1152

space-face View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote space-face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2014 at 12:00am
Looks good!

Did you cut the panels for the HD15s on the CNC machine? I'm wondering how you made the angled cuts on a 3-axis machine if so, do you do them separately after, have a special angled bit or does it do them by taking very fine z-axis steps?
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2014 at 12:45am
Soo,how does it sound?
mitchez23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitchez23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2014 at 1:20am
Thanks! We cut all of the panels on the CNC but for the angled cuts on the panels we just used a table saw. The system sounds really clear and we were surprised by the output of the cubo subs.Star

Edited by mitchez23 - 23 July 2014 at 1:21am
lycantheleopard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lycantheleopard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2014 at 6:56am
theres a cnc wood worker in the bay area? ..my hero! soon..very soon..i'll have some work for it if its available.  Doing any events soon i might come check out?  i've been out to treasure island and not heard anything very good there, perhaps you guys can up the anti a bit.
lost eden View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost eden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2014 at 3:53pm
Those neo magnets on the subs make them look tiny! Nice & light though :)
crossed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crossed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2014 at 12:52am
I saw your post on reddit.

I have 4 Cubos and love them, too!Thumbs Up
waurma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waurma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2014 at 2:04am
looks like a nice rig! have you tried facing the magnets on the cubos the opposite way? interested in building a pair and there doesn't seem to be a clear answer which is best, what are you loading them with and what kind of a curve are you getting from them? do they sit well with the 15s?
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2014 at 11:39am
loaded as in the picture for lower bass..... loaded the opposite way for a slightly better kick responce....

...i own 4 of them.

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
 Post Reply Post Reply