Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What's the equivalent driver to a Fane Studio 10M
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What's the equivalent driver to a Fane Studio 10M

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2019 at 8:51am
Anyone used the oberton 10mb 300 in real world testing? Let's say 200hz> How did they sound and preform? Going to buy but wanted a few more opinions before hand. 
Mircea Bartic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2019 at 9:25am
excellent speaker
I replaced some P-audio p10-100MB with them. there was notable improvement in spl
general manager & head designer at nexus-acoustics research
http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research

Ex Nexus_3
msoundsystem View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2019 at 5:52pm
Nice one Mircea! Thank u. Out of interest what amp you powering them with? Gonna order 4 drivers and stick my Mc2 up them. :) 
Mircea Bartic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2019 at 9:53am
I used ECLER DT6800 at that time
general manager & head designer at nexus-acoustics research
http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research

Ex Nexus_3
RoadRunnersDust View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoadRunnersDust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2019 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by msoundsystem msoundsystem wrote:

Anyone used the oberton 10mb 300 in real world testing? Let's say 200hz> How did they sound and preform? Going to buy but wanted a few more opinions before hand. 

You would really want to be looking at something more akin to the 10M300 or 10M250 (my money would be on the 10M250 as a better match to the Studio10)
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2019 at 12:00pm
What other options are tryed and tested? as we all know what "specs" for Drivers are like. I been looking at the Oberton 10MB300 but only two in stock on BA with no more in for a while and I worry these will become hard to get hold of.. Really want to replace my drivers soon with something readly avaliable and easy to get hold of especially for future when I build more cabs. Let me know of any more suggestions. :) 
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2019 at 9:17am
any more suggestions? Tongue
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2019 at 10:45pm
What about the old RCF L10-750YK?

It was a very popular driver in the 1980's and 1990's. It is still in production today.

Best Regards,

Edited by Elliot Thompson - 20 June 2019 at 10:46pm
Elliot Thompson
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123