Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > MT122
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Musical' 121's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Musical' 121's
    Posted: 21 August 2014 at 6:53pm
I intend building a small PA that we can use to do local parties etc, I have in my head 4 of Mr Martinsonns Tham 15's topped off by a pair of 121's.

However its looking quite likely that if I can get my sound in shape I will be asked to do some work with live bands Pubs, live rooms that sort of thing ( maybe outdoors too? ).
I played in bands for a number of years so I have an idea of the extra gear I'll need on top of a 'party' PA.
What I was wondering was if anyone had any experience of using these mid tops for reproducing a live sound ? Perhaps some of you have found drivers that sound sweeter than others for this kind of work?
I'm encouraged by the reports of the musicality ( is that even a word? ) of the Tham 15's but despite a search or three cant seem to find the mt's rep for faithful reproduction.

Very grateful if anyone has relevant experience of this.

Oh yeah, long time lurker making his first post so I have to say that SP is one of the nicer places to trog about on the net. I've found so many helpful posters and very little ego ... so yes,Howdy and full respect to you all Smile

Ragga

toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2014 at 7:01pm
Speak to member pfly about his version
 Post Reply Post Reply