Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

promoters

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2014 at 6:35am
Originally posted by Masai Masai wrote:

Originally posted by fat_brstd fat_brstd wrote:

I have to agree just because a tune is exclusive doesn't mean it is automatically good. Nuff "dubplate" I hear is only unreleased because no one would buy it if it was released.

True but it's down to the selecta to screen tunes and tell the producers of these dubplates - 'it nah ready yet'! As you said too many are just playing these tunes because they are exclusive but have no real substance to them. Better you just play some quality plastic and be done with.

Problem is that a lot of these dubplates are being produced by the selector or their crew so are not open to the same scrutiny as other peoples productions would be before getting run on their sound. The number of sessions I listen to and all I hear the sounds playing are their own productions, nothing else at all, is crazy.
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
dan i dubdub View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan i dubdub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2014 at 9:32am
Nail on head matey!  And some of these sounds are the same ones wondering why no one will book them.  You have to play for the people not purely for yourself :D

Edited by dan i dubdub - 07 October 2014 at 9:33am
Nick Sasquash View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Sasquash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2014 at 9:43pm
Well we still try our thing! lol Wink our last Roots dance in Preston 

Next BIG Roots Dance in Preston.... 
Don-Fe & Operation Sound System live & direct in session Cool

https://operationsoundsystemrecords.bandcamp.com/

https://www.facebook.com/OperationSoundSystem/

jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2014 at 9:51pm
Thumbs Up
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234