Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Look who's been a busy boy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2015 at 12:14am
Great build, try this :-

so you get this :-

MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2015 at 12:28am
That Chinese ply is utter shit.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2015 at 12:38am
Originally posted by njw njw wrote:

The sr707 I think is about 1000w per channel into 4r and about 2500w into 4r bridge so should power a single x1 very nicely indeed in bridge mode, a pair into 4r bridge shouldn't be a problem but it will get hot so make sure its clean and the fans are working (I lost an xr3801 one night because of a dodgy fan). When you've got the four x1s built I would then probably upgrade to something a bit more powerful and the use the sr707 to power your kicks (or get another one!)

The 707 isn't quite 1Kw aside into 4r, it only scopes @ about 1300 into 2r so 850 ish to 8 would be best case scenario.

If you are running 707, it worth send them down to Lee Basham for Birthday treat, he has a few tricks to keep the power where it should be and check them over for general happiness.

If anyone is missing a 3801 I have XR 3801 that has just had a total output stage fitted to one channel after I leant it to someone and full health test by Lee, PM me if you want this monster, it really can kick ass...
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2015 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by shagnasty shagnasty wrote:

If anyone is missing a 3801 I have XR 3801 that has just had a total output stage fitted to one channel after I leant it to someone and full health test by Lee, PM me if you want this monster, it really can kick ass...

Hmm, I have three XR3801's at the mo, four though is a nice round number...... Must resist.......LOL
C-Audiofreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Audiofreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2015 at 9:32am
Update the void V18's handles cabinet corners and speakon sockets are on order the tuff cab is here just need lining foam for inside and rollers to paint with and soon will have a working pair of X1's void loaded 🔊🔊🔊💣💣BOOM!!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123