Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xone 92 or Xone DB2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam_Iron_Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xone 92 or Xone DB2
    Posted: 29 October 2014 at 12:26pm
So I have finally pretty much sold my Mountain Bike, which means I will have some cash sitting around and being a completely money incompetent student I have already been planning on what to spend it on.

I was planning on picking up a secondhand 92 however my mates selling a DB2 on a nice deal just wondering what you guys thoughts on both of them are?

I like the additional features of the DB2 but love the 4 band EQ of the 92 and the fact that it's more of an industry standard than the DB2 (haven't actually seen one of these out in the wild apart from my mates not even in pictures of DJs at nights) which would come in handy for our club nights etc.

Is there any reasons I shouldn't go for the DB2 or any reasons you would go for it over the 92?

Cheers

Edited by Adam_Iron_Horse - 29 October 2014 at 1:38pm
Kryptonik Sound Kollective

www.facebook.com/kryptoniksoundkollective
corell View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2014 at 12:41pm
the only reason not to chose the 92 would be the midi section of a xone 4d if you ask me...
Adam_Iron_Horse View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam_Iron_Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2014 at 1:36pm
That is most likely something I would never use tbh the USB recording attracted me and the additional effects is something nice to have but I know I want the 92 deep down. Think its just cuz its my mates and it would be an easy deal that I'm even contemplating the db2.

Thought someone might have some other reason that the db2 would be worthwhile

dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2014 at 12:31pm
I've just specced a DB2 for a bar install we did - priced well, comprehensive effects, like the matrix input section too. But the 92 is a lot more rider friendly. If it was for me (and the 92 is my favourite mixer, along with the 62 :)) i'd be tempted by the DB2 - that effects section will be deadly with a bit of practice.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam_Iron_Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2014 at 6:28pm
^^ Pretty much all you said there is how I'm feeling about it, gonna get his and have a lend of it see how it goes.

Currently have a DDM4000 which has a nice little FX section although nothing im sure on the DB2s buuut I'm really not that into many FX, basically only use the filter on my ddm and always been like that.

Mainly play DnB/dubstep/garage/bassline..

I think the biggest selling point of the xone92 is that 4 band eq though mate has a 62 and whenever I use it I find myself using the whole 4 band all the time.

What about the spacial xover? seems a bit of a gimmick to me but potentially could be a cool feature?

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam_Iron_Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2014 at 4:49pm
Next question:

any reason to get the new gen of xone or are they exactly the same bar colour.

I like the new colour (but pretty sure you can just buy faceplates in the new colour anyway) but heard that the old ones were more reliable or something?

And if anyone is selling a 92 let me know :)

brokenjoe View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokenjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2014 at 7:52am
they are just a different colour.. no internal differences as far as i've seen anyway
error 404
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2014 at 9:08am
IIRC...

The faceplate colour change also roughly corresponded with a change in manufacturing location. Don't know how much truth is in that so don't take it as gospel. Google image the 'made in....' bit on the back, I guess.
brokenjoe View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokenjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2014 at 8:56pm
was given a demo db4, incredible piece of kit.. just not getting asked for one enough to warrant getting it in stock :( 
error 404
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2014 at 9:05pm
db2 or the better db4 great units, great sounding, and more options than you could ever need....
https://www.elements-audio.com
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam_Iron_Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2014 at 9:28pm
I just got a xone 92 for 600 flightcased and delivered which I would say is a steal...

The silver faceplate

I did hear the graphite faceplate is when production moved to china but don't quote me on it

bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2014 at 10:13pm
nice price, good mixers...
https://www.elements-audio.com
 Post Reply Post Reply