Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Cheap driver/box combination to get low and loud
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cheap driver/box combination to get low and loud

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 252627
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2015 at 9:36am
"...dont let any one talk you into 'they have to be motorola' they dont sound any bloody different."

Really?

Have you had your hearing checked lately?

My spectrum analyzer says the generic measure very poorly vs CTS/Motorola.

When I buy generic, I buy 50% more than I need and bin the really bad ones. Even the hand-selected 'good' ones are quite poor.
djk
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2015 at 3:21pm
!00% agree with that! The Motorola's can sound very good in the right circumstance, the generic ones not so.
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
app View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2015 at 11:04pm
After about a year this project is finally finished. Heres some pictures from the sanding / oiling project today. Ill post more pics when I get a chance to take some of the whole machine.

Feeling good Big smile

"what!?"
app View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 2:01am
Its been awhileBig smile

Well anyway, Ive been playing my sound system atleast once a month for 2 years. Interesting thing is that Ive tried many different settings of eq etc, and also tried different spaces and speaker placement in a known place. 

I do changes and next time try something different. Every time I learn something new. Ive deepend my understanding of sound and spaces a lot by doing these tests. The speakers have worked really nice with no problems at all,same with the amp. 

Maybe when the financial situation is better Ill build some more. But yeah I think that the time spent with speakers and trying stuff is as important as the speakers itself. Im learning still but patience is the key here IMO. Not buying or building new but perfecting the skills with what you have. 

Have a good one all! Maybe Ill post some video from the next session Im going to have. 

And thanks for the help to all involved. Clap

The saga continuesLOL
"what!?"
app View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 2:18am
Oh yeah, I also got a tube preamp for the system and did some tube rolling to some NOS tubes. :D
"what!?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 252627