Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X10, X12, X15 and XM15
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More efficient driver?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More efficient driver?
    Posted: 28 December 2014 at 9:10pm
Currently using the recommended p audio 600w driver with BMS 4538 comp run 2 way crossed at 1.1khz from a 4004..

I use these as dj monitors and it's taking full output on the 4004 before the DNS feel there loud enough.....

They are pretty loud but the drivers are old and are on there way out cone wise, I thought maybe get a 6004 to run them, but I also thought if I used more efficient drivers then I won't need a bigger amp.

Can any one recommend me a driver that's more efficient and will work nicely in this box :)
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2014 at 10:06pm
xm 15s? p audio sn15mb is it?

that seems very low for that compression driver.. i'd look at a bigger one if you're crossing that low for starters.
nuclearbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2014 at 10:17pm
Sorry, These are x15s,

I'll double check the exact point next time I look but I'm sure there 1.1khz, have been the same for overa year and never had an issue, my questing is mainly about the 15"
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2014 at 6:22pm
The SN15MB's are actually quite efficient.  You'll probably have to spend a lot of money and trade off some low extension to get a significant increase in output.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2014 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by ceharden ceharden wrote:

The SN15MB's are actually quite efficient.  You'll probably have to spend a lot of money and trade off some low extension to get a significant increase in output.

im going to check that it is the right driver as i dont feel its all that efficient, maybe im asking too much from it? but its only getting 500w per driver IIRC the drivers are 600w.
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2014 at 6:47pm
maybe its not the recommended driver (my bad)

one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2014 at 8:02pm
Shame the flash blanks out the model number.  C15-xxxLF?

Do you want some SN15MB's? Fresh recones?
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2014 at 8:27pm
I'll find the model of these out so I can sim and compare them

But yes if there more efficient and can take a full channel of a 4004 between them I would be intetested
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2014 at 9:07pm
PDF here: http://www.cannononline.info/pdf/SN-15MB.pdf

Officially rated at 300WRMS but I think anyone that has used them will testify that they'll take a fair hammering and a 4004 should be absolutely fine.  Big advantage is they'll be massively lighter to lift onto stands!

One of the drivers may have the tiniest of voice coil rubs.  You can just detect it if you press the cone but doesn't seem to be an issue when the driver is running.  However I'm not going to be asking silly money for them.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2014 at 9:27pm
I'm bad out with the tomorrow so ill whip a driver out and take a look at the model, if you want to pm me a price across mate I'll take a look..

I just don't want to swap them for drivers with less grunt..... Thee are du monitors
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
Peter Jan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Jan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2015 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by nuclearbass nuclearbass wrote:

I'm bad out with the tomorrow so ill whip a driver out and take a look at the model, if you want to pm me a price across mate I'll take a look..

I just don't want to swap them for drivers with less grunt..... Thee are du monitors

By the look of it, C15-500LF and that's a pretty efficient driver for bass to low-mid duty.

Post Reply Post Reply