Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [Fixed] Strange behavior with accusafe v3.5 module
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[Fixed] Strange behavior with accusafe v3.5 module

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Djo] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Fixed] Strange behavior with accusafe v3.5 module
    Posted: 16 February 2015 at 9:44am
Hello folks!

I'm running into trouble with the accusafe v3.5 module.

I bought and assembled the kit a few months ago and everything was perfectly working so far.

Now, the module does not always connects the battery to the charger when in off mode. Sometimes, it connects normally as it should, but sometimes not.
I checked the continuity, and everything else is working as expected.
Mode On, battery is connected to the load (maxamp), the charger and the power supply are respectively disconnected from battery and load.
Mode Off, battery is disconnected from the load, power supply is connected to the load, but charger doesn't always connect to the battery. Sometimes yes, sometimes not.
I need to turn on / off multiple times to ensure that switching happens normally.

I use this battery charger :

http://www.ansmann.de/fileadmin/user_upload/products/Manual/9164016-ALCS-2-24a-manual-web.pdf

It is an intelligent model that switches the tension automatically, but it starts with is tension at 24V if no battery is connected. After connecting the battery, the charger switches automatically to the right voltage and the charging procedure will start.
Maybe I fried something because of that?

There's no schematic on the accusafe website, so I don't know where to start for debugging the circuit, but maybe some people here can sort me out?

Maybe I should contact accusafe directly?

Hope somebody can enlight me.

Best regards.
Djo

Edited by [Djo] - 17 February 2015 at 4:21pm
lutkeveld View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lutkeveld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2015 at 9:56am
Schematic: http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/2675/kratsafeversie21.png
Language is Dutch, in case you want to translate it :)

Have you probed the connection? To check the continuity between the battery and charger terminals.  Maybe there's something wrong with the charger.  
[Djo] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Djo] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2015 at 10:39am
Thank you for your input.
This is an older version but it helps to understand the circuit.
I checked the continuity between the battery and charger terminals, and this is here the problem. Sometimes, it connects normally as it should, but sometimes not and I need to turn on / off multiple times to get the connexion back! Confused

Charger is fine when connected directly to the battery.
Everything else work as expected. Really weird.
lutkeveld View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lutkeveld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2015 at 10:46am
My first thought would be a defective relay. What PSU are you using?
[Djo] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Djo] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2015 at 11:23am
I don't have a PSU, but I have got a second battery that I use as an external PSU when I run out of internal battery and need more juice. ;)

I think the relay is in cause but, it's weird that half of it works. Is it possible that a DPDT relay fails and become a SPDT relay? Dead

I've got a second accusafe kit for another project that I haven't assembled yet. I will try to switch the relay and see how it goes.

Thank you for your help!

WesleyK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WesleyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2015 at 6:44pm
Please shoot us a message using our contact form and we'll get you a new one ;-). I also suspect a faulty relay.
[Djo] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Djo] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2015 at 4:19pm
Thank you much Wesley! Thumbs Up
I've just send a message with the contact form.
 Post Reply Post Reply