Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

16a > 13a stage power box project

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grubbah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 16a > 13a stage power box project
    Posted: 22 March 2015 at 12:51pm
After seeing the new Kelsey power con stage boxes I thought Id make my own after finding a load of  these Pulsar splitter blocks on eBay.

I took out the original bulgin socket and replaced it with a 16a outlet, re-wired the circuit and then drilled a hole in the side of the boxes for the 16a tail with cable gland for support

I went for standard ceeforms instead of power cons as it seemed a more robust option, plus more practical to have standard 16a cables...

Ive got 4 made up with the materials to make 10 in total.. but thought id see what opinions were out there before making the last 6. 

This is Kelseys power con version below. The difference in cost is quite something!!!

Edited by Grubbah - 22 March 2015 at 12:51pm
Nachural View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nachural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2015 at 1:00pm
Ingenious bit of recycling there. Nice job!
Clap
it's all just cardboard and magnets really
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2015 at 1:27pm
Fancy selling a couple, either as-is or assembled?  Although if I was doing it for myself, I'd probably go Powercon.
Harry A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2015 at 3:21pm
I had those boxes on watch! Was extremely tempted to buy them but didn't have the funds. I was going to cover the Bulgin hole with a 16A inlet but I like your layout much more.
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2015 at 6:59pm
The only thing i'd change is to go for an angled 16a outlet, so the cable comes out in line with the floor rather than straight up. Nice work!
Grubbah View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grubbah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2015 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by dylan-penguinmedia dylan-penguinmedia wrote:

The only thing i'd change is to go for an angled 16a outlet, so the cable comes out in line with the floor rather than straight up. Nice work!

Me too Cry I couldn't find an angled outlet that would fit though. The midnight panel mount is 70x70mm and just fits in.

I was thinking of adding some velcro ties to the tail so you can clamp the 2 16a cables together when the inlet and outlet are both being used.

Thanks guys Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply