Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X1 Data and graphs with diferent drivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djthunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2018 at 2:43am
The X1 diagram shows a cut off around 100 Hz.  I cross over at about 100 Hz.  Should be fine, no?  I could cross over a bit lower if needed for that matter, as I use 15" two ways for tops.
C-Audiofreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Audiofreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2018 at 6:25am
hi djthunder
The X1’s only play upto around 80hz then you will need some kicks as the X1’s won’t reach high enough th meet the midrange section also I use void v18 in mine with excellent results I don’t think the celestion fits on depth check put void v18 on blue aran
djthunder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djthunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2018 at 7:57pm
Void drivers and P. Audio drivers are not a good option for me, as I live in the US, and it would be pretty expensive to have pay for them and pay shipping on top of that to get them here.  Looking for an alternative driver that will work well, hopefully in the $300 or less USD range that's available in the states.  If nothing in that price range works that's available in the states, then that's just that... but checking.  Drivers I was looking at is the Celestion FTR18-4080FD.

Here is a link to all the specs: 
https://www.parts-express.com/pedocs/specs/294-2014-celestion-ftr18-4080fd-specifications.pdf

Mounting depth is 8.07 inches.

Would this work in the X1?  Are there other alternatives in the US that would work well?
If there isn't a good driver option at $300 each or below in the US, I understand.  You can't always have exactly what you want...ha.  That's life.  Just want to investigate if there is a option within my driver budget :)

Thanks in advance :)

C-Audiofreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Audiofreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2018 at 9:35pm
Yeshi djthunder I’m not sure if that driver would handle the X1’s cab it’s fairly brutal and demands a lot from a driver will even shred fane colossus xb I’d take a look at the cf18vjd driver by celestion has a 5”voice coil so I’m assuming will take more hammer it’s a bit mor money to buy but least drivers won’t last so long term will be far more cost effective

infamousj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infamousj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2018 at 9:52pm
I stumbled across a US based website that stocks P.Audio drivers years ago trying to find out what I could get my hands on in Canada at the time....

I'm having a hard time getting my phone to copy a proper page link, but I checked and they do still have them listed

Edited by infamousj - 04 December 2018 at 9:53pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617