Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

15" Recommendation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kr1sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 15" Recommendation
    Posted: 04 June 2015 at 7:02pm
sorry being a bit lazy here but

what do you recommend as a good 15" driver to play between 40 - 180 hz

its to be put in a reflex cab dual or single for sub and kick duty
no more than 180 p/driver £215 at a stretch if possible

thanks in advance Smile

Edited by kr1sounds - 04 June 2015 at 7:16pm
I MAN SERVE SELASSIE CONTINUALLY... NO MATTER WHAT THE WEAK HEART SAY

fostonshfs.webs.com
RiddimKid View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiddimKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2015 at 11:56pm
Looking for exactly the same thing.

I have been told the P Audio 600w for £90 on Blue Aran are good, Fane 600lf pro also but my budget is about £80 less then yours lol

BMS 15 could be a good choice 
kr1sounds View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kr1sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2015 at 10:24am
Andy from BlueAran recommend the Oberton 15XB700 and theres quite a good response for them. im going to try other oberton ones too.

fostonshfs.webs.com
EdTheProfet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdTheProfet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2015 at 4:28pm
You might find the 15XB700 has a bit of a heavy cone for kicks. Compare it to the FANE 15XB and the moving mass is 1.5x as much (104g vs. 158g). This is going to affect the speed of the cone, punch and musicality. Oberton may have more control at the lower end but I'd consider something in-between the two.
Drimacoustic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drimacoustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2015 at 10:03am
I can confirm the Oberton 15XB700, I had 4 of them in ported cabs. It is more of a sub driver (heavy cone, big Xmax) with lower sensitivity. In my opinion, You want to look at light cone drivers if you want to use them up to 180Hz.
love begins below 40Hz
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2015 at 12:32pm
Thomann 15LB100...
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdTheProfet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2015 at 1:28pm
Thomman driver is good value but not 100% sure its right for the job. Only 500w and still a heavy cone. I'd imagine great for sub only but not such a good transient response.

P.Audio E15-600S or Fane Sovereign 15-600LF at the lower end. P.Audio more subby, Fane more kicky.. phone up Blue Aran and ask for Jon or Andy for the best price.

18Sound 15LW1401 or BMS 15S430V2 at the top end. Might seem a bit pricey but speak to Nigel at Lean Business and he might be able to work something out for you. Both these are more general purpose than the Oberton, will play nicer as kicks but are still focussed on low end bass. 
kr1sounds View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kr1sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2015 at 8:30pm
what about the 15W750?

fostonshfs.webs.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdTheProfet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2015 at 8:48pm
I'd say the 15W750 is going the other way, its more of a general purpose bass driver, would be on the light and fast side. I'm sure it would do great kick and sound very musical but not what I'd call your typical sub driver.
corell View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2015 at 12:59am
I`d try the B&C 15NDL88 if you want to go higher than you could with a dedicated sub chassis but still dont lose to much low end.

and again, RCF LF15N401 for 220€ @ toutlehautparleur is amazing price. heavy cone but strong motor aswell to accelerate it.
king david View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2015 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by corell corell wrote:

I`d try the B&C 15NDL88 if you want to go higher than you could with a dedicated sub chassis but still dont lose to much low end.

do you think 15NDL88 is suitable for the b&c sub15 box (40hz cutoff)
http://www.warriorcharge.noblogs.org
 Post Reply Post Reply