Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD18 : is it possible?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rudeboy94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD18 : is it possible?
    Posted: 28 August 2015 at 6:10pm
Me and some friends of mine are about to build our first rig for a reggae sound system,at first we wanted to use a Gsub for the kick bass but I'd like to try to build 2 HD horn holding a 18'' speaker, being new to this field I'm asking you if is it possible to realize it just adding 1/6 of all the mesurements of the HD15 or somehow it's not possible to do this thing.
Followin' the vibes
dj jammin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj jammin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2015 at 6:16pm
usb?

Reverence Sound system

sounds4u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sounds4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2015 at 6:46pm
Es18bph?
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2015 at 7:51pm
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2015 at 8:33pm
on TDA's collection of plans there are some for a HD18.

Upscaling horns can be done unlike downscaling. Try to add those new dimensions and stick the results in Hornresp for an idea what response you might expect.

But why would you need 18" kicks over g-subs? Do you plan to use them without subs as well?
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
Rudeboy94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rudeboy94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2015 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by all bass all bass wrote:

on TDA's collection of plans there are some for a HD18.

Upscaling horns can be done unlike downscaling. Try to add those new dimensions and stick the results in Hornresp for an idea what response you might expect.

But why would you need 18" kicks over g-subs? Do you plan to use them without subs as well?

Yes we're thinking about something more versatile also to play sometimes other kinds of music and to have a 3 way sound (without the scoops) that is easier to move and fixes in my friend's Land Rover. Of course these the special occasions the full sound will have the scoops and will be 4 ways to play roots music.

I've never seen or heard about the ES18PBH but looks very interesting, probably I will skip to that!
Followin' the vibes
 Post Reply Post Reply