Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Position of HD 15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philip banyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Position of HD 15
    Posted: 17 November 2004 at 8:37pm

How to position HD 15

So I will have 2 different set ups.

When using only 2 HD 15s should they be put them together to make a double or 1 in each corner of the hall.

When using 4 should there be 2 each side, or put 4 together to make a big horn or can I put 1 in each corner on the dance floor.

Also which is the best way round for them to stand?

The midrange and highs that I have are on  tripods

Thanks for any help Phil

Dom View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2004 at 9:14pm
Stick em all in one big heap and run them summed mono.
JD01 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2004 at 1:10am

When using 2 why not place both in one corner (not one in each)? That's the max you can get.....

Andrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 1:17pm

As I don't suppose you are after max SPL or lowest frequency possible, I'd spread them around the corners of the dance floor.  I use 802 tops with my HD15, which have a top hat so I don't need tripods, just a pole to link the HD15 and tops.

Then you can Waltz in with less kit, and have a good even sound coverage.  What is the maximum ballroom dance floor size you use this kit on, out of interest?

philip banyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philip banyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 1:41pm

The size of floor is very large but does not seem to need alot of power. the picture of the floor is on my web site www.banyer .ch

under power training.

I did think about 1HD in each corner with my 2 12inchers on top for mid also in each corner. I have just posted about x1 Sub bas as a possible extra.

regards philip banyer

Andrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2004 at 11:11am

Wow, a bit bigger than the average dance floor, and a bit more reverberant too!  I was interested about the size to know the effect of the delay between speakers, i.e. dancers remaining synchronised.

There is a long cathederal near me with a very interesting effect.  Following a final chord on the organ, you feel the bass lift first, and get a lingering mid sound, quite un-nerving when you are expecting the bass to linger.

Post Reply Post Reply