Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adj duo station controller

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adj duo station controller
    Posted: 21 October 2015 at 6:49pm
Adj duo station controller to control adj mega tri bar should be simple but.... I seem to be having full on blond moment.

So far set dmx to 3 channel mode on dmx ch1 it nada

So Anyone have any experience of dmx with said units.

Edited by 4D - 21 October 2015 at 6:57pm
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
James Tengo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2015 at 10:58pm
Blackout button?
Correct DMX port? Has two seperate DMX outputs - check my turning on the first switch pack button, if the lights go red then yes.
Bad cable?
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2015 at 1:00am
Thanks James.. Got there in the end, methinks the controller has a mind of its own fixtures seem quite stable under their own 4 button menu system but using the controller they flicker & flash in a most random manner, will return before the weekend & stick a terminator on the end of the line see if that cheers it up..
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
James Tengo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2015 at 6:17am
Sounds like a bad cable, when you loose a "leg" of the DMX signal it can still transmit data, of sorts, that would make the lights behave in an odd manner. To compare it to audio - in a very simplistic way - DMX works a bit like a balanced microphone feed, unbalance the signal and "noise" appears on the line, making odd output.
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2015 at 12:49pm
And adding a terminator in those situations often makes things worse.
Have you checked DMX polarity or if the ADJ unit has a switch for it? Perhaps less common issue these days.
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
RONAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2015 at 8:15pm
Not sure if the duo station ,would be the best type controller to be using with "mega tri bars"... I have sold lots of these, and I find from experience the best mode to run them in is P5 (7channel mode).. so then basically any 8 channel min. desk. which can store scenes is good. Wifly wlc16 would be great, or the all new Ne1 , is probably the best small "dj type" lighting controller I have ever came across..
     If your using mega tri bars you really do need to access the built in programmes & programme speed control, The in built programmes on channel 4&5 (in 7channel mode) are really nice..
EVENT SOUND RON.
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2015 at 11:31pm
What's the word on android to Dmx warez
 Post Reply Post Reply