Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

crossover settings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote munkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: crossover settings
    Posted: 22 October 2015 at 9:48pm
What do people recommend? I've been told lr24 @ 30hz with lr48 @90hz. I have also been told butterworth24 @ 40hz with butterworth24 @90hz.
This is for a stack of 6-8. We will have 12 loaded soon

Thoughts and opinions please
the midtops!
el chupacabra View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el chupacabra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2015 at 10:24pm
It's been a long time since I've run punishers but never went below 40hz and mostly at 45, especially when using 4 or less. Not sure what filters.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2015 at 10:33pm
I measured a system recently of 3 punishes and 1 xtro per side and was happy with the results albeit in a venue install. Sadly I didn't save the settings myself but I can ask the owner if he can export them.

I'll be honest. The xtro is hard work. Especially where the 15 meets the 8.
munkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote munkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2015 at 1:50am
thanks, any help or guidance will be gratefully received. Btw, we're not using extro's. We're running stable audio kmt v1's. Its mainly the crossover points and curves, for the punisher, that i'm interested in. Tbh, I could do with some one that know how to use smaart and is relativity close to me. I know that it changes in every venue, etc, but would give me a much better starting point than guess work and word of mouth.

Many thanks

Edited by munkey - 24 October 2015 at 1:52am
the midtops!
Dutchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2015 at 5:27pm
There is a spec sheet somewhere on internet about punisher xtro settings, search on google.
I would never run the puns lower than 35hz 48dB lr. When using 2 or 3 cabs in one stack set 40hz as hpf.
We need more SPL!
 Post Reply Post Reply