Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X-tro with ferrite magnets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2015 at 11:31am
Can't you talk bms into making a 60 degreed version of the 2193? :-)

It's a cheap small and extremely nice sounding horn with 4538 & 4540nd, I' amazed about how they can play so loud & clear with so little power, they have extremely high sensitivity, so high that the background noise from the xilica xd8080 is a problem! And i have to add xlr-attenuators between this and amp unless I turn down the amp (which is not the safest when renting out)
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
vmh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2015 at 4:14pm
Dutchman.
I'm not worried too much about the weight. The 15s i have are not so heavy and i'm used to lugging my BS600s around on my own so i can't see it being too much of a problem.
If i'm going to go to the trouble of building the kick section it's not much more to build the propper cab and fit the XT8s i have rather than having them seperate. Also i want to use better top horns than i have already.
It's not wether the ferrite magnets will work in the cabs but wether they will phisically fit.
I have read everything i can find about the X-tro and it sounds like they will fit, even if i have to route a bit out of the access hatch for a bit more clearance.
The original plans show them with ferrite magnets.
It's just where the clearance between the magnet of the bottom driver and the bottom of the top horn that could be a problem.

It's not how big it is, it's what you do with it!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123