Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Letterbox loaded with void v18

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SerenitySoundSystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Letterbox loaded with void v18
    Posted: 13 December 2015 at 5:53pm
Got some letterbox x1's loaded with v18's and I have a few questions for you lovely people....

1.i have been crossing them over from 30-60hz? Sounded fat! Does this sound about right?

2.delay times? I litrally have no idea? 4.5ms???

3.running one each side of a matrix xp3000 (amazing amp) 1000watt @8ohms.... Seems fine at full power to me!
However,I have been told you can put 2000watt through a V18? I would love to,but x1's are lethal and punish cones!

Last question.....

4. I am using 2 core speakons,I am going to upgrade to 4 core.... This is a much better idea I am sure
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2015 at 6:07pm
30-60 sounds right, 80 max depending on your kicks
delay is depending on the rest of your setup, there is no such thing as general delay!
if youre happy with output dont bother with even more power, 2k seems unrealistic in that cab
2core is perfectly fine unless you intend to build patch panels and 4core for ease of setup..
SerenitySoundSystem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SerenitySoundSystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2015 at 6:45pm
Thanks man,will be using hd215's and x15's for tops.
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2015 at 7:09pm
set it all up, take your time with delays untill it sounds coherent to your ears, standing infront of the stack it should sound as if all freq. come out of the tops..
Or get someone with measurement equipment and knowledge to do the job properly..

Post Reply Post Reply