Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alpha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ???
    Posted: 07 April 2007 at 4:46pm

which scoop design soundz betta

A.S.S.????????
supper scooper.????????
shortman's .????????

Alex_C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex_C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2007 at 4:55pm
ah... the question to eho throughout the ages... only way to tell is an A-B-C comparison and even then the only results would be purely statistical where as everyone has their own opinion as to what they want from a speaker be it a scoop or other so if you do the test it can only be which soundS better for you.

Alex
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2007 at 4:01am
Originally posted by alpha alpha wrote:

A.S.S.????????
supper scooper.????????
shortman's .????????

What a question. especially as i've just spent the afternoon ploting with Shortman. however, I'm sure the opinions of our fellow forumites will not affect the daily running of our lives. Regarding the supper scooper, is this one strictly for the evenings
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2007 at 5:36am

A.S.S.????????
supper scooper.????????
shortman's .????????

Can  tell you now, even before I have finished scoop testing, different drivers sound better in different scoops.

1850 is Unbeatable in ASS/Shortman scoop, but OK in Super.

PD186 is OK in ASS/Shortman, but killa in Super scooper.

V18 is OK in Shortman Scoop, Killa in Superscooper.

And we still haven't mentioned the following drivers: V18-1200, TBX100, L18P300, Bline 800, 18LW1400, 18PZB100.

Also some of the above drivers which are not strictly horn friendly  (Fs/Qes <=100, BL <25, Qts > 0.25, Fs>35) still pound in scoops.

So as people are repeatedly saying, a lot of this is the scoop/driver combination your ear likes.

Edited by levyte357 - 08 April 2007 at 5:39am
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2007 at 6:10am
Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

And we still haven't mentioned the following drivers: V18-1200, TBX100, L18P300, Bline 800, 18LW1400, 18PZB100.

Or TurboMax 1200XBS, Volt RV4504 / RV4514

alpha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alpha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2007 at 3:54pm
ok most of the big dub sounds use 1850z but all use differnt scoop designs
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2007 at 4:33pm

ok most of the big dub sounds use 1850z but all use differnt scoop designs

So knowing that Alpha, what does that tell you ?

The majority of times I go (correction, used to go) The University of Dub sessions @ Brixton Recreation Centre, the 3 sound systems that are playing, are all using PD 1850's.
Come to think of it, it's only King Shiloh I see come in there with Volt drivers, I can't think of any others right now.

That tells a lot of people that PD1850 drivers must be a bad bwoy speaker damaging up the place on the roots dub reggae scene.

You might see a few posts where some will say they ain't musical or sound good or something like that, don't worry about that.

We dealing with big ruff neck downbeat powerfull roots dub reggae sound system that can shake-up a venue.

Check out Iration Steppas sound system's web page & get in touch with the owner 'Mark' he'll tell you bout PD's.

It's only of late a few sound guys are trying & testing different 18'' drivers that will play even deeper. (especially at the moment as PD drivers & recone kits are very hard to get)

In the meantime, read up the previous threads about all the talk about powerfull drivers & I'm sure you'll be able to make up your mind.

Gool luck.

Peace. 

Post Reply Post Reply