Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Availability of Ciare 12.00sw

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizensc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Availability of Ciare 12.00sw
    Posted: 30 December 2015 at 11:46am
Sorry for making so many threads on this forum but I want to get everything right and you guys are quite helpful. 

So I have been trying to order my self some Ciare 12.00sw but they are super hard to get right now.

The issue is Ciare has been bought by 18 sound and it is causing supply issues. Lean business currently don't have them, usspeaker dont have them, No one has them.

I have been told that there will not be any supply until February. 

So I have a few questions.

1. When Ciare/18 Sound sort this out will the 12.00sw be available to anyone who is a dealer for 18 Sound? The 12.00sw was one of the harder drivers to find even before this (in my experience) for example I asked Thomann if they would order them for them and they said "Unfortunately we no longer stock Ciare products." 

2. Should I avoid building Punishers? I'm only building 4 to start with but I plan on building more later. Its going to be a big problem if I cant find any more drivers in 6 months or a years time. I also don't want to pay a premium on second hand drivers people have been saving up. 

3. If I go for another kind of bass cab what cabs would be suitable? Iv been looking at the 1850/186 horn but they don't seem like the right kind of cab to meet an x-tro. They dont play very low and have a huge amount of overlap with the 15s in the x-tro. The lab horn seems ok but from what I have managed to work out it will weigh more than the moon and will lose a bit of the punch that I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance for your replies. 
Brutus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brutus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2015 at 1:25pm
2. for punishers, u could also use the beyma 12LX60V2

- edit - but i dont think they will deliver the same low as the 12.00

Edited by Brutus - 30 December 2015 at 1:27pm
citizensc View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizensc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2016 at 3:40pm
Still looking for information on this. 

Mostly want to know about the future of Ciare and distribution of their drivers. Also want to hear ideas for alternatives to punishers.

Thanks in advance
Marvin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2016 at 5:14pm
i have one 12" london based can post
kevinmcdonough View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinmcdonough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2016 at 5:47pm
hey

I've just discovered the same issue. As mentioned in the wanted section, I'm trying to get a hold of a Ciare PR401 horn, even just a loan of one to make a few measurements and tests, but no stock anywhere cos of the 18sound buy-out Confused

k
mirenkoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirenkoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2016 at 10:17pm
What about 18 sound 12LW1400. I know there is many replacement suggestions, but 12.00SW is very hard to get now. Even recone kit. Can anybody simulate this speaker for use in punisher?
 Post Reply Post Reply