Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help me identify this box

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speakerfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help me identify this box
    Posted: 03 January 2016 at 4:23pm
I picked up a bunch of these boxes from a friend. They were loaded with a 15" EVX-155, McCauley 12" and a RCF N-850 on a horn of unknown origin. I'm stripping off the duratex checking the box then repainting and refitting them, just for fun.
Does anyone know the make of the box? I think its some sort of clone. Was built pretty well, all birch ply. Big and rugged.
Thanks

Edited by speakerfan - 04 January 2016 at 12:42am
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2016 at 11:31pm
Looks like your hyperlinx screwed up.
Looks kinda huse as most drivers needs a lot less space in tops, unless infras:-)
Also having the 12" & 15" in the same chamber probably screws up the porting / response, they would have to have separate rooms, with separate ports, make the 15" room huge and do a fullrange box;.)

I'd say they're homemade, just from looking at the pic in bottom link
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
speakerfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speakerfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2016 at 12:30am
Thanks for replying tv00,

The bottom chamber for the 15" is completely sealed off from the 12" section. Tomorrow I'll post more pix and measure the two chambers for volume. Not sure what's up with the hyperlink but Ill try to fix it.

Edited by speakerfan - 04 January 2016 at 12:44am
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2016 at 12:46am
Cool, I see it better now, see if u can calc the tunning with winisd.
Seems like the 12" has the biggest chamber with the volume from the hornroom.
speakerfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speakerfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2016 at 2:15am
I finished restoring the boxes. It was a pain in the ass getting all the duratex off! All the wood and bracing was sound with no sign of stress, cracks or loose joints. I had the handles and grills sandblasted and powder coated. 3 coats of black duratex, New drivers, new NL8 Neutrik connectors. Next will be something like castor boards. Sound testing this week! Then working on the second box!
http://s54.photobucket.com/user/eddyvanraven/media/DSC_1087.jpg. -
http://s54.photobucket.com/user/eddyvanraven/media/DSC_1083.jpg. -
http://s54.photobucket.com/user/eddyvanraven/media/DSC_1081.jpg. -
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2016 at 2:24am
still looks humongous to me, even big for a 12" sub.
 Post Reply Post Reply