Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fane/Court and A.S.S- Can anyone ID these?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fane/Court and A.S.S- Can anyone ID these?
    Posted: 10 January 2016 at 9:09pm
Got some speakers from a venue clear out- need some help in identifying as Google hasn't been a great help
First ones are 2 big trapezoid shaped A.S.S boxes- the cabs were bolted through the top of them into the ceiling above the Dj booth @ the opera house in Tottenham facing out onto the dancefloor.
No wiring panel on the back, the cable just went straight into the body of the cab 
15 + 8? + ??

These are the Fane ones. They say "Fane Court Series" on the front, but looking at Court stuff online i can't see any other example of these cabs?

Ones under the Spektra SP3's- any help on any of these appreciated
I have 8 of them

Edited by T_! - 12 January 2016 at 9:31am
Macabre Unit/ Stink Like Sock/ Sub.FM/
T_! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2016 at 9:33am
are the images not showing up?
Biggus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biggus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2016 at 10:12am
Images are working for me, no idea on the cab models though.
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2016 at 10:13am
i can not see either :(
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
APC321 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2016 at 10:41am
I can see images fine.

The nearest Court box I can see to your photos is the TR750 (from the system 500 range), however this is trapezoidal.
wires View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2016 at 11:12am
I believe Tony made loads of install boxes to suit whatever the client/venue needed, i doubt whether they had fixed cab names tbh.
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2016 at 11:37am
There was a Spektra that had a 15, 8 and 1". SP5 possibly? Easy to fry the 8 if you are not careful with some material or MC knobhead on the mic. Those look like a horizontal custom version perhaps?
theoldsoundman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theoldsoundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2016 at 3:36pm
Speak to fane acoustics, they did a series called FANE-COURT in the 1980s.  Dont recognise ones in the photo.  looks like a 15  and fane slot and a fane compression driver on a very small square horn flare.
ASS copied many speakers so the ones called ass could be anything at all.  
T_! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2017 at 12:32pm
Fane/Court 500 series now up for sale if anyone's interested? i need the space!
 Post Reply Post Reply