Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Buying and Selling > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

C-audio SR808 or srx 3801

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2016 at 5:39pm
Got two xr3801's here if they're any good to you?
paulnokip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulnokip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2017 at 7:51pm
Old post I know, but I've got one . C audio sr 808 I mean. Not selling, just want info on what they go down to in bridged mode 4ohm/2ohm? There used to be a scanned online manual. Can't find it now. Any info appreciated ;-) never managed to use it for what I wanted to, namely driving a pair of Fane 18" xb collosus drivers in a pair of long throw scoops. The Fanes are 8ohm so wanting to bridge amp and show it the 2 drivers as a 4 ohm load. If amp can take 2ohm load thinking of re-coning 18s with 4ohm coils to get amp giving its most. Ta in advance!
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2017 at 8:09pm
From memory, they are 5k in bridge at 4 ohm.

Bridged in 4 ohm the amp is seeing 2 ohm so you do not want to run it at any less.

And there was me thinking there was one of these up for sale.

Edited by midas - 22 November 2017 at 8:10pm
In bass no one can hear you scream!
paulnokip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulnokip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2017 at 8:03am
Sorry fella!, yeah we need more power to out 18" scoops and this puppy has been sat around doing nothing for too long so gonna get it properly serviced as one channel was running quieter than the other when we used it last in non-bridged mode which makes me suspicious something's wrong. What are spares like for these things, do they use standard components or will all the parts be obsolete now? Do run these amps yourself at all? Paul.
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2017 at 8:45am
Sorry Paul. That’s way beyond my capabilities to offer much more help.

Apart from if you are able to look at components and see if there are any telltale signs like burns or bloating. With dry joints dab all joints carefully with a soldering iron to re wet.

There are some good men on here who do though. Dependant where you are in the country. L Edwards Leasure is near Stoke, Service department Steve is in London.

If you can move it around me are happy to do so, once serviced it will be an excellent amp once more. We had 4 x 707’s bridged across 8 scoops for a night in an old hall. People were complaining of getting plaster and dust in their beer.
waxhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waxhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2017 at 3:12pm
Hi Jimmer i have 10 SR808 still may sell you one also the one's the guy was talking about down at lee belong to me so that 12 in total i 1 spare for parts message me
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2017 at 7:19pm
I have sent you a pm waxhead.
paulnokip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulnokip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2017 at 9:33pm
Haha! Like the beer and plaster dust story lol! Yeah, hoping to achieve the same! :-) is service centre Steve on speakerplans? Will msg him. Thanks for the info 👍🏼 Will be using 2 18's both 8ohm so amp bridged will see 4ohm so all good and safe hopefully for our test run once amps been serviced!
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2017 at 10:15pm
I am not sure. But Ben Wells on Facebook knows him. Also known as Elements audio.

No bud. When you bridge the amp, the internals act as one which in turn lowers impedance. So the drivers may be 4 ohm but the amp is running like it is 2 ohm.

Hopefully someone will come along and explain it better for you.

Edited by midas - 23 November 2017 at 10:18pm
paulnokip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulnokip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2017 at 10:31pm
Our drivers are 8ohm. So with amp bridged and the 2 8ohm drivers connected in parallel the amps actually working at 2ohm? Whereas if we connected the 2 8hom drivers in parallel to one channel with the amp in non-bridged mode, the amp would see 4ohm on that one channel? (Hopefully someone comes to my rescue lol)! Didn't realise the amps impedance halved just by it being in bridged mode, I've learnt something new!

Edited by paulnokip - 24 November 2017 at 7:00am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12