Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Faital Pro 4FE32 12V build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ganon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2016 at 7:55am
The only negatives i have heard about the minidsp is the lack of on the air adjustments and some noise in hifi aplications.
DJ-Dulux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ-Dulux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2016 at 9:10am

As long as you have the MiniDSP before your volume control stage all is well, you can optimize single/noise ratio in the MiniDSP and noise is not an issue. I found using the MiniDSP as the volume control or putting the volume control before it meant noise was present and on efficient speakers fairly noticeable.

On my 12V rig I have:

source>MiniDSP>amps with ganged volume function>speakers

Dupe...

Dupe...
mstep77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mstep77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2016 at 3:33pm
Cool, got the Mini DSP and had its first outing yesterday in the glorious sunshine. Just adding the high pass filter at around 60Hz 24db/oct and it means you can increase the power handing so so much. Also put some EQ on it as per the Hornresp frequency response. Of course this type of box has its limits but I think it has a nice open sound with reasonable bass even from a bit of distance.

Thinking about doing some measurements, any recommendations on a good mic and relevant software etc? Looking to spend less than the MINIDSP mic goes for ideally.

Still haven't charged the battery either. What is the safe voltage to run it down to?
Padde298 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padde298 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2017 at 11:10am
#following

LOUDER!!! MO BASS
Padde298 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padde298 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2017 at 11:12am
BTW: I just LOVE the MiniDSP!!! They are so versitile and easy to work with. Price is not too high, but still enough to make you wonder if the task can be done in a cheaper way. 
Anyone having experience with FreeDSP or other DSP for DIY?
LOUDER!!! MO BASS
Edd Jordan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edd Jordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2017 at 11:56pm
Still a fountain of knowledge,  i feel bad i havnt been here for a while. nice build. yes you will need to go up to a higher voltage with a 24v board (surelectronics is my fav) and you will get more power less clipping. but most likely above 150hz with that driver choice. 

ps 

dose the mini dsp still have a really bad unity gain . as in it looses about 12db of gain at 0 db? bear in mind i bough my last one 5 years ago. can this be solve with driver update? sorry for hijack.

Edited by Edd Jordan - 16 June 2017 at 11:58pm
I do a sideline in ply wood wheels.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12