Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cubo Kick 15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnbpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cubo Kick 15
    Posted: 05 May 2016 at 2:43pm
Thinking of building a few Cubo Kicks and before I start cutting up some wood thought I'd check if anyone had any real world experience of these cabs? Or comparisons to the usual contenders HD15, Martin 115, USB etc... 
el chupacabra View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el chupacabra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 3:46pm
Zak... You might enjoy a single version of the selenium 2x15 bph plan.

I've not heard the cubo kicks. Just 15" ones that matt Poole built. They're OK. Not that clean but eminence drivers.

You've heard ring the alarms cubos a lot I imagine? How'd you find it?
dnbpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnbpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 4:03pm
Think you might have me mistaken for someone else but cheers for the suggestions.

The main reason for the cubo kick idea is that they seem pretty compact with good output in the 80-180hz region + relatively cheap to load, so the selenium looks a little too big for this job.  
rosssss224 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosssss224 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 5:30pm
built two loaded with kappas and powered by a bridged qsc 1450

cant complain at all! but couldn't give a fair comparison to anything 

ran them 80-230 with ease
el chupacabra View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el chupacabra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 9:47am
Originally posted by dnbpc dnbpc wrote:

Think you might have me mistaken for someone else but cheers for the suggestions.

The main reason for the cubo kick idea is that they seem pretty compact with good output in the 80-180hz region + relatively cheap to load, so the selenium looks a little too big for this job.  

Yes but at least I thought you were someone else from Manchester
Cheif_Stringer_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheif_Stringer_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2016 at 7:54pm
Any got any feedback on these using the 15nd930 drivers they were designed around?

Im planning of building some with these with meantioned drivers and running them down to 80hz to let the cubo subs that will be under them focus on the lower notes, and im hoping these will kick you in the chest close up or with abit of distance
"nice one matee"
unclejam View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unclejam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 6:54am
Bump, on the hunt for a good Kick section to go underneath my SMT-212's
Jo bg View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jo bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 10:46am
Hi . i have been using two cubo kicks 15nd930 loaded for about a year between xoc1 th18s and mt121.
Ours are 57.5 wide *62*62 cm so a ? Bit smaller than standard to fit over the ths; mr Cubo approved the modification.
They where the unknown factor of the build, being new anD unmeasured while the th18 and mt121 are well documented and measured. But looked promising, we didn't want full bandpass kicks to avoid honking and full reflex wouldn't match the rest of the system that is hornloaded.
After one year we are very happy. We play reggae and dancehall but Also hosted techno and EDM , rock jazz and hip hop events and the cubos always behaved well, clean quick dry kick loved by djs, producers playing their tunes and musicians that said they sound Like real instruments.
They keep up with the th18 recieving 1.8kw ( inuke 6000 almost clipping) with just 300 watts each, with similiar peaks to the 12 inch in mt121 but higher average power consumption.
So sensitivity seems very good too. I cross them lr24 at 90 and 160 and shave 3db off at 90 with with medium q to flatten the rising response under 110.
Last monday we had a 12 hour event, dub AMD dancehall in unity, and amongst others had one of the biggest italian dub producers and selectors at the controls, who had previously owned a four scoop system and regularly plays on the major european sounds. He played some modern steppas   tunes that sounded amazing, and at the end of the session he wondered how it could sound so good and clean using berry amps ( inukes under 1khz and a lab1000 on comps, with a dcx2496). So as far as i am concerned it kicks heavy and tight for steppas and tecnho while remaining musical with more delicate programs like jazz, is not complicated to build and is a light box .
Big up Cubo!
dnbpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnbpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 10:53am
A report back on this, we did end up building the cubos in the end. Only had chance to use them once so far with some rough settings but we're very happy, definitely added a new punchier element to the system. Ours are loaded with kappas crossed 80-160.

Painting them this weekend and hoping to have them out a lot more over summer so will post up how I find them after a couple of months.

rosssss224 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosssss224 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 10:59am
they def thump!
Cheif_Stringer_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheif_Stringer_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2017 at 6:47pm
What do lower vocals / notes sound like coming through these from a sound quality perspective?
"nice one matee"
 Post Reply Post Reply