Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

fane 18B's in X1's?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antiG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fane 18B's in X1's?
    Posted: 18 April 2007 at 9:28am
hi, i'm just after a bit of advice

has anyone had experience of putting fane collossus 18B's into X1 cabs or has anyone modelled it?

the fanes are 400W aes compared to 600W rms of the recommended driver (p audio SD 18s), i dunno if this will make a big difference?

also is it a good idea to use a less powerful amp for the X1, than you would for the same speaker in a relfex cab? what would be good, 500W for a 400W speaker?

I'm planning to play a lot of bass heavy music through these X1s at a loud volume, do you think the fanes 18B's will stand up to that?  The X1's will only be handling the lower bass frequencies cos i have a pair of 15 inch reflex bass cabs to stack on top of them.. i dunno how this will affect the strain on the X1 drivers?

i dont want to stick the fanes in only to have them blow after a few parties, but ive been offered them on the cheap so i would like to be able to use them.. if people reckon the fanes are no good for the X1 cabs then has anyone seen designs for a sub for the fane 18Bs?

im pretty new to speaker building and sound dynamics so the help is much appreciated!!

i also posted in the newbie section but then i saw this section and thought it seemed like a good idea to post here as well

thanks very much
 Post Reply Post Reply