Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

G sub loaded RCF LF18X451

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2016 at 11:17pm
extra 2-3db isn't worth it for an unsuitable driver.....
You can't polish a turd!
Andy Kos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Kos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2016 at 12:24am
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

That is not too big for a double 18.

I'm not saying its too big - it's just I've always been a fan of compact enclosures.
just a guy with a warehouse and a few speakers... www.bluearan.co.uk
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2016 at 3:51am
Cant be compact and loud at sub 40hz.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
djteknovibe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djteknovibe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2016 at 9:15am
I don't care how big the enclousure is as long as it's perfect for the LF18X451 drivers and means it's a sub that's capable of truly excellent sub bass.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2016 at 12:21pm
Why it must be that RCF driver?

Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2016 at 3:25pm
There are so many proven designs and driver combinations such as B&C sub 18 that work with so many drivers like Fane 18xb and even some el cheapo p audio drivers. Simple and VERY effective. Have you heard many sound systems?
You can't polish a turd!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djteknovibe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2016 at 6:50pm
Over the years yeah i've heard a lot, Turbosound Aspect, Floodlight, Flashlight, EAW KF series, Martin Audio F2, Martin Audio WSX, JBL SRX, RCF TTS etc..etc..it goes on and on. It doesn't have to be RCF but I LOVE RCF the sound quality is legendary and they're overall awesome, some of ym favourite subs though have been the old JBL SR4719 when in multiples of of more than 6, they were brilliant. Mid/high wise my favourite was and still is the Turbosound Floodlight system, the clarity is still amazing.

I don't mind if my subs are 4 x 18" or 2 x dual 18" but I want a small bass reflex sub system that's powerful, I was originally thinking about two Turbosund Madrid TMS218 but i'm not sure if I can afford them so i'm thinking about saving up and thought about having subs made. 4 x single 18" subs loaded with powerful drivers would be perfectly ok in my mind. I only do dance events in a pub but the pub allows people to stick a VERY powerful system in there. If two G Subs loaded with RCF L18P300 drivers would out perform two JBL SRX728 subs for spl then i'm well and truly up for getting two G Subs made.

Oh and one other driver I was thinking about was the FaitalPRO 18XL1600as it's powerful, quite sensitive and has a high xmax, plus it states that the driver is good in reflex designs too.

Edited by djteknovibe - 26 June 2016 at 7:01pm
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2016 at 6:59pm
you're richard stringer aren't you?
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2016 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by djteknovibe djteknovibe wrote:

I only do dance events in a pub but the pub allows people to stick a VERY powerful system in there.

bass is to enhance, not to dominate. Ive heard 2x single 18's rock a bar perfectly numerous times Wink

You can't polish a turd!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djteknovibe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2016 at 9:30pm
I know bass is to enhance but with oldskool hardcore rave there's a lot of sub bass and sound systems used to have massive bass
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2016 at 11:01pm
Yup. I remember sitting on the M4 on our way to the Universe rave at Bath circa92 and you could hear the bass from miles away with the car windows down...
In bass no one can hear you scream!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djteknovibe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2016 at 11:25am
I used to go to Dreamscape, Die Hard, Pleasuredome, Helter Skelter, United Dance, Slammin Vinyl, Hardcore Heaven you name it, they were the best days, MASSIVE sound systems not like now with the very tight sound regulations.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123