Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

advisable amp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lllcandymanlll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: advisable amp
    Posted: 30 June 2016 at 2:16pm
hi am a novice when it comes to amplifiers however i do know have a basic knowledge of electrics. I am making a pc gaming vibration chair and have bought these 4 base shakers that wire into a amp but i need some advice to what sort of amp to look for, the details are below. i was looking at a lepy 2024a plus amplifier?  Many thanks

Dayton Audio TT25-16 PUCK Tactile Transducer Mini Bass Shaker 16 Ohm 4 Pack

Power handling: 15 watts RMS/30 watts max • Impedance: 16 ohms • Usable frequency response: 20 to 80 Hz • Fs: 40 Hz • Force peak: 30 lbs. per ft total when used in 4 PUCK configuration

needs to eradicate treble

Edited by lllcandymanlll - 30 June 2016 at 2:22pm
audiomik View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiomik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2016 at 12:06pm
Firstly, welcome to Speakerplans

Regarding your question, the Bass Speakers will try to provise high frequency output but from the description which you give then these higher frequencies will likely be distorted and when added to your higher frequency driver outputs cause peaks and dips in the overall response.

It will be best to use some form of crossover top properly split the frequencies as you ask.

I'm certain someone who uses 12V portable equipment may be able to advise you on this - try the '12v Powered Systems' section, there is probably a discussion thread already there as well

Hope this assists you

Mik
Warning! May contain Nuts
plus springs, washers, screws, etc, etc.
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2016 at 1:11pm
A car amplifier designed for sub bass will make a neat package with built in crossover to eradicate the high frequencies. All 4 drivers in parallel will give a 4ohms load which should be no problem for any 'sub' amp.something that doesn't 120w into 4 ohms should be fine. Many of this sort of amp comes with remote volume and crossover controls which you might like.
Keep pushing on, things are gonna get better.
 Post Reply Post Reply