Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Volt FR220.1 HiFi Build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vertx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2016 at 10:00am
Pictures updated. Enjoying these even more after a few listens!
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2016 at 1:19pm
Nice looking build Thumbs Up

Quick question, are those drivers just an older version of the CX220.1 or are they some other model that I can't seem to find on t'internet of things please?

Cheers,
David.
vertx View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vertx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2016 at 1:27pm
Older version of the CX. Specs can be found in WinISD for the FR. I think the CD is different between the two? The newer CX didn't seem to sim as low but don't quote me on that...
markie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2016 at 3:06pm
I spoke to Volt about that, as I bought a job lot of 4 (3 x FRs and a single CX). They said the bass driver is identical but the CX has a different tweeter.

I was going to buy a tweeter but they also said the CX had a different crossover. Since I sold a pair of them to Jackson I now have one of each on my home system. Can't tell any difference with my old ears.
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2016 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by vertx vertx wrote:

Older version of the CX. Specs can be found in WinISD for the FR. I think the CD is different between the two? The newer CX didn't seem to sim as low but don't quote me on that...

Gotcha, thanks for the info.
atcman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atcman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2020 at 5:53pm
An old thread i know but just got some fr220.1 and are looking for cab dimensions the ones here look very good.
Shortrope View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shortrope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2020 at 7:24am
Volt have volume and ports size recommendations on their website, they work out well. 
My Tinnitus is coming along nicely!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12