Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X1 sound?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philip banyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X1 sound?
    Posted: 22 November 2004 at 1:42pm

X1

Using a Void 18inch driver, how much more base out put do you get from this x1 cabinet in relation too a normal sealed  box with 18inch driver.

Will my amp DAP 450 rms a channel in bridged s mode 900rms drive the Void driver ok?

I will have 4 HD 15s and just 1 x1

The use is for ballroom dance music which does not need lots of bass and does not need to be super loud even though it’s in a large sports hall.

Also does any one know how heavy the finished cabinet would be?

Thank you all for guiding me in the right direction.

This is a great web site

PBanyer

whitehousejamie View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitehousejamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 5:30pm

Hi,

900watts is fine for the V18, ideally you want around 1000 to 1200watts to reduce the chance of amp clipping.

It would be better if you had a 2nd X1 in the system, but as you say you dont need much volume, 1 should work fine. Crossover between the X1 and HD15s at around 65hz.

Not exactly sure on the weight of the finished cabinet, but the V18 driver is pretty heavy, so i would guess around 50 to 60kg for the finished cabinet.

Regards

tb_mike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb_mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 11:08pm

Quote how much more base out put do you get from this x1 cabinet in relation too a normal sealed  box with 18inch driver.

No 18" for prosound will work effectively on a sealed box. Instead ported is used.

The bandpass offers several db over ported in SPL,loss of SQ is expected though I havent heard one.

Post Reply Post Reply